Re: New interchange results

***********************
Warning: Your file, cm-canonresults-20063011.zip, contains more than 32 files after decompression and cannot be scanned.
***********************

Youenn,

Recall that the interchange format now declares the set of extensions that
it has engaged.

If an unengaged extension is encountered then two cases occur.

1. The extension is marked as wsdl:required="false" either explicitly or
by default. In this case the component model is valid and omits all the
extension properties and components.

2. The extension is marked as wsdl:required="true". In this case the
component model is invalid. However, I just checked the spec and we don't
spell this out. I think we need an issue.

Jonathan, I proposed we add an assertion:

A WSDL 2.0 document that contains a required unengaged extension is
invalid.

Arthur Ryman,
IBM Software Group, Rational Division

phone: +1-905-413-3077, TL 969-3077
assistant: +1-905-413-2411, TL 969-2411
fax: +1-905-413-4920, TL 969-4920
mobile: +1-416-939-5063, text: 4169395063@fido.ca

Youenn Fablet <youenn.fablet@crf.canon.fr>
Sent by: www-ws-desc-request@w3.org
11/30/2006 08:28 AM

Jonathan Marsh <jonathan@wso2.com>
cc
www-ws-desc@w3.org
Subject
Re: New interchange results

***********************
Warning: Your file, cm-canonresults-20063011.zip, contains more than 32
files after decompression and cannot be scanned.
***********************

Thanks,
I fixed some bugs in the wsdl processor and the wsdl interchange
generator (see attachment for results).
It seems that there is one document which has still issues
(MessageTest-1G) when I am running locally the diff tool, although this
document is equivalent to the one I sent last week and which appeared
correct on
http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/ws/desc/test-suite/results/Interchange.html
.
This may be due to ordering of the binding fault references or
differences in the stylesheet processors.
I am not sure of the ordering key there since these components only
contain id and ref information.

Concerning the required extensions documents, I am not sure to
understand your suggestion.
When an extension is set as optional, we can safely ignore it and assume
that the component model is correct (even if not entirely complete, some
properties might be missing).
When an extension is mandatory and we do not understand it, we cannot
make this assumption and we do not know the impact of this extension on
the component model : a required extension may well modify existing WSDL
2.0 component property values.
Consequently, at least in our implementation, we are not able to
generate a full component model when unknown required extensions are
present.
Are you suggesting that we should generate the interchange on these
documents either:
    - by ignoring these required extensions or
    - by adding in the interchange document information on these
required extensions
    - a third option?

    Youenn

http://auburnmarshes.spaces.live.com