WSDL 2.0 Fault Binding

From: Eran Chinthaka <chinthaka@wso2.com>
Date: Thu, 09 Nov 2006 21:00:15 +0500
To: www-ws-desc@w3.org

Hi,

I have a primitive question on SOAP binding of faults :)

Assume a fault is defined in an operation, and let's assume the fault is
referring to the element foo in the types section. When a fault occurs
how would be the SOAP message looks like? Where will this Foo element go?

From my little WSDL 1.1 knowledge, Foo element comes under Detail
element, when it is a SOAP 1.2 fault. Is this the same for WSDL 2.0?

Where should this be defined? I can not find details on this in any of
the docs of the spec. Seems I am missing something some where :(

The spec mentions that one can specify about Code and Subcode to be used
inside the binding element. But there is no mentioning anywhere about
the above case.

If you want me to more clear on this, please look at the GreatH wsdl
(http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb//2002/ws/desc/test-suite/documents/good/GreatH-1G/).
When the server throws an InvalidDataFault, how will the SOAP message
coming to the client from it. What should it contain?

I presume the fault should be bound to Detail element, but like to have
a confirmation on this.

Thanks,
Chinthaka