Re: when does wsoap:code appear?

From: Arthur Ryman <ryman@ca.ibm.com>
Date: Mon, 29 May 2006 20:39:46 -0400
To: "Jonathan Marsh" <jmarsh@microsoft.com>
Cc: www-ws-desc@w3.org, www-ws-desc-request@w3.org
I agree that the spec needs to be tightened to achieve deterministic

I favour dropping #any and leaving the property as OPTIONAL. Absense of
the property equals #any.

Arthur Ryman,
IBM Software Group, Rational Division

phone: +1-905-413-3077, TL 969-3077
assistant: +1-905-413-2411, TL 969-2411
fax: +1-905-413-4920, TL 969-4920
mobile: +1-416-939-5063, text: 4169395063@fido.ca

"Jonathan Marsh" <jmarsh@microsoft.com>
Sent by: www-ws-desc-request@w3.org
05/24/2006 10:14 AM

when does wsoap:code appear?

Similarly to safety, it?s not clear when wsoap:code and wsoap:subcode
should appear.
Both of these properties are OPTIONAL, yet the mapping defaults the value
to ?#any?.  Thus whether the property appears isn?t deterministic to the
WSDL.  One implementation could leave it out (e.g. Woden) when it?s not in
the WSDL, another could always put it in.
The fix seems to be to make the property REQUIRED when the soap binding is
in effect, or to remove the ?#any? default and say that no value is the
same as ?#any?.
 [  Jonathan Marsh  ][  jmarsh@microsoft.com  ][
http://spaces.msn.com/auburnmarshes  ]