interchange issue: empty properties vs. absent properties

From: Jonathan Marsh <jmarsh@microsoft.com>
Date: Wed, 24 May 2006 10:22:38 -0700
To: <www-ws-desc@w3.org>
The spec equates an empty property and an absent property.  I'm finding
a few places in the interchange format where Woden generates an empty
property, e.g. <elementDeclarations/>, while I simply omit this element.

Seems like the simplest solution would be to canonicalize such that
empty properties (which may be all empty elements with no attributes)
away - i.e. delete them during canonicalization.  Does that sound
reasonable?

 [  Jonathan Marsh  ][  jmarsh@microsoft.com
<mailto:jmarsh@microsoft.com>   ][  http://spaces.msn.com/auburnmarshes
<http://spaces.msn.com/auburnmarshes>   ]