W3C

WS Description WG telcon

30 Mar 2006

See also: IRC log

Attendees

Present
Charlton Baretto, Adobe Systems
Allen Brookes, Rogue Wave Software
Youenn Fablet, Canon
Hugo Haas, W3C
Jacek Kopecky, DERI Innsbruck at the Leopold-Franzens-Universitšt Innsbruck, Austria
Amelia Lewis, TIBCO
Bozhong Lin, IONA Technologies
Jonathan Marsh, Co-chair/Microsoft
Tony Rogers, Co-chair/Computer Associates
Arthur Ryman, IBM
Asir Vedamuthu, Microsoft
Peter Zehler, Xerox
Regrets
Roberto Chinnici, Sun Microsystems
Paul Downey, British Telecommunications
Tom Jordahl, Macromedia
Jean-Jacques Moreau, Canon
Chair
Marsh
Scribe
alewis

Contents


 

 

<hugo> the minutes of the implementors call are at: http://www.w3.org/2006/03/30-ws-desc-minutes-impl.html

<scribe> SCRIBE: alewis

minutes approved

action items review

Review of Action items [.1]. 

?         2005-07-21: Pauld to write a proposal for a working group 
                      report for requirements for schema evolution 
                      following closure of LC124 
?         2005-01-05: Glen to write an outline for a test service and
                      send it to the list.
RETIRED   2006-02-02: Bijan to run the partitioning analysis on ontology
DONE      2006-02-27: Tony to respond to Mark's comment (issue CR011). 
DONE      2006-03-16: Jonathan to check with Asir and Kevin that they 
                      are ready. 
DONE [.3] 2006-03-16: Jonathan to turn Jacek's action into an issue so 
                      we can track the placement of RDDL documents at
                      namespace URIs. 
?         2006-03-16: Hugo to check Part 2 for instances of the
                      terminology "fatal error". 
DONE [.4] 2006-03-16: Arthur to report on Xerces' behaviour with the schema 
                      import issue.

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/#actions
[.3]
http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/%7Echeckout%7E/2002/ws/desc/issues/wsd-issues.h
tml#x289
[.4] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2006Mar/0026.html

[marsh proves to be faster than a speeding keyboard, in speech]

Administrivia

republication complete

arthur: forwarded republication to standards guy, who responded that charter has been extended and there are changes to scope. is that true?

marsh: no, didn't change scope; changed deliverables in so far as downgrading rdf spec from recommendation track to wg note track.
... considered problem of rechartering; no one should have to rejoin; if anyone thinks that there is a problem, please alert us.

hugo: scope hasn't changed; one deliverable downgraded; no need to rejoin.

discussion of timing of next teleconference. propose to skip two weeks, meet again on the 20th.

call for objections: none heard. make it so.

implementation status

tonyr: making progress on defining interchange format (xml schema for outputting component model as recognized by parser; could be interesting to implementers as starting point, too).

marsh: implementers' standing call every week, thursday 10:00 EST (whatever that is in other regions), one hour before standard time for wsdl call.
... also has something on test metadata. arthur's question.

arthur: suggesting that anyone submitting a new test case should also create the descriptive data for the test case. also, please submit new test cases.

marsh and arthur discuss appropriate forms of bribery for test case submitters.

<Arthur> http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/ws/desc/test-suite/test-suite-coverage-summary.xml?content-type=text/xml

arthur: test cases may be submitted directly or attached to emails posted to the discussion list.
... we could have an initiation ceremony for new members, requiring test case submission. like hazing ....

marsh: having the test framework set up better, and having implementations, will probably encourage submission of more test cases, because submitters will be able to see progress.
... non-implementors would also be encouraged to attend interop events, to contribute test cases.

cr 7.

marsh: mixed things up; hasn't been finished yet.

TOPIC cr 11.

marsh: submitter did not accept resolution, wants it brought to attention of director.
... leave it marked as unaccepted. comments on strategy?

australian crickets chirp a bit.

cr 19.

<Arthur> I propose: If a WSDL 2.0 document refers to any component (element, simple type,

<Arthur> complex type, etc) of the http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema namespace

<Arthur> except the built-in simple types, then it MUST import

<Arthur> http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema.

amy: agree with proposal (as discussed on mailing list)

marsh: call for objections. none heard. make it so.

<scribe> ACTION: Arthur to implement resolution of CR 19, per proposal. [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/03/30-ws-desc-minutes.html#action01]

287. modularize ontology.

marsh: have had open action for jacek to run a tool against something.

jacek: no new status; is there any status on bijan's participation?
... close issue with no action.
... and also retire the action.
... generally, modularization unnecessary in rdf, because doesn't recognize namespaces. bijan opposed modularization, but offered to run tool. unlikely to complain about removing action and closing issue.

RESOLUTION: 287 closed with no action.

289. where put rdf?

marsh: is this publication question? jacek: yes, we just left it as an issue so that we don't lose sight of it.
... lc wd should include all rdf bits.
... leave open until last call.
... how are mapping tables coming along? jacek: slow, some republished in mass repub, nothing new since.
... estimate for readiness for last call? jacek: yes, sent recently to hugo; end of april.
... need rdf tf calls?

jacek: no open issues, so unless someone wants to get involved, no need for calls.

<scribe> ACTION: Marsh to make XSLT improvements for RDF publication [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/03/30-ws-desc-minutes.html#action02]

marsh: agenda completed. next meeting 20 april.

thank you all for coming.

<Jonathan> thanks for scribing!

bye!

i may not be here on the 20th, jonathan.

Summary of Action Items

[NEW] ACTION: Arthur to implement resolution of CR 19, per proposal. [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/03/30-ws-desc-minutes.html#action01]
[NEW] ACTION: Marsh to make XSLT improvements for RDF publication [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/03/30-ws-desc-minutes.html#action02]
 
[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.127 (CVS log)
$Date: 2006/03/30 16:38:26 $