Notes on WSDL 2.0 Implementation Telecon

From: Arthur Ryman <ryman@ca.ibm.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2006 11:28:10 -0500
To: www-ws-desc@w3.org, woden-dev@ws.apache.org
Attendees: Arthur Ryman, Tony Rogers, Glen Daniels, Youenn Fablet,
Jean-Jaques Moreau, Hugo Haas

1. We decided to hold regular minuted calls starting next week. Tony will
chair these.
[action] Tony to announce meetings.

2. Glen and Arthur discussed progress on Axis2 and Woden and agreed on an
approach. Use Woden to create a WOM.
[action] Glen to open a JIRA and include more technical detail on this
proposed direction.

3. To proceed with code generation, we should see if any work has been
done on the standard WSDL 2.0 - Java mapping.
[action] Arthur to contact Roberto to see if any progress was made on
supporting WSDL 2.0 in JAX-WS that can be used for the Axis2 code
generators.

4. We discussed the usefulness of a "Component Model Interchange Format" -
an XML format to compare component model instances created by parsers.
This format could also drive XSLT based code generation.
[action] Tony to define an XML format and canonicalization rules to
simplify comparison (e.g. impose alpha order on unordered sets).

Arthur Ryman,
IBM Software Group, Rational Division

phone: +1-905-413-3077, TL 969-3077
assistant: +1-905-413-2411, TL 969-2411