Re: CR ISSUE : Bug in SOAP binding (Section 5.5.2 of Adjuncts)

From: Hugo Haas <hugo@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 9 Mar 2006 15:51:35 +0100
To: Glen Daniels <gdaniels@sonicsoftware.com>
Cc: www-ws-desc@w3.org
Hi Glen.

* Glen Daniels <gdaniels@sonicsoftware.com> [2006-02-27 10:07-0500]
> Hi folks:
>
> As mentioned in today's F2F meeting, I would like to raise the following
> issue against the Adjuncts document...
>
> Section 5.5.2 [1] currently states that the {soap underlying protocol}
> property contains an IRI *to the Binding component*.  This is not
> correct, and in fact I believe we meant to say something along the lines
> of:
>
> --- begin ---
>
> A xs:anyURI, which is an absolute IRI as defined by [IETF RFC 3987].
> This IRI refers to an appropriate SOAP underlying protocol binding (see
> [SOAP Binding Framework]), which is to be used for any of the SOAP
> interactions described by the WSDL Binding.
>
> ---- end ----
>
> I propose we fix this by using the above text (with editorial
> discretion).

It wasn't clear to me how this affects the component model. I assumed
it didn't and added your proposed sentence:

    http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/ws/desc/wsdl20/wsdl20-adjuncts.html?rev=1.129&content-type=text/html;%20charset=utf-8#soap-protocol

Please let me know if this is correct.

Cheers,

Hugo