W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > www-ws-desc@w3.org > June 2006

Agenda: 15 June 2006 WS Description telcon

From: Jonathan Marsh <jmarsh@microsoft.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2006 14:53:38 -0700
Message-ID: <37D0366A39A9044286B2783EB4C3C4E802F0CA38@RED-MSG-10.redmond.corp.microsoft.com>
To: <www-ws-desc@w3.org>

0.  Dial in information (members only) [.1]: 

See the public WG page [.2] for pointers to current documents and other
information, and the private page [.3] for administrative matters.

If you have additions to the agenda, please email them to the WG list
before the start of the telcon. 

[.1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-ws-desc/2006Jun/0010.html
[.2] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/
[.3] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/admin

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Agenda 

1.  Assign scribe.  Lucky minute taker for this week is one of: 
      David Orchard, Bijan Parsia, Charlton Baretto, 
      Umit Yalcinalp, Asir Vedamuthu, Jacek Kopecky,
      Roberto Chinnici, Glibert Pilz, Paul Downey, Tom Jordahl

--------------------------------------------------------------------
2.  Approval of minutes: 
  - June 8 [.1]

[.1]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2006Jun/att-0033/2006060
8-ws-desc-minutes.html

--------------------------------------------------------------------
3.  Review of Action items [.1]. 

Interop
?         2006-05-11: [interop] Chairs to invite XFire to join this 
                      call per Tom Jordahl's suggestion 
?         2006-05-11: [interop] Jonathan to look into how to create 
                      SOAP 1.2 services with .NET. 
?         2006-06-01: [interop] Arthur to add wrappers to the schema.
?         2006-06-01: [interop] Arthur to put parent, features,
                      properties in the base schema.
?         2006-06-01: [interop] Jonathan to add sorting of soap modules,
                      http/soap headers.
?         2006-06-01: [interop] John to file issue whether {rpc
                      signature} should be OPTIONAL (4.1.1).
?         2006-06-01: [interop] Jonathan to publicize interop event.
?         2006-06-08: [interop] Somebody to create a testcase for 
                      an unknown extension wsdl:required=true.
?         2006-06-08: [interop] Arthur to write test cases for messages 
                      and message exchanges for a simple WSDL (eg: an 
                      echo web service).

WG
?         2005-07-21: Pauld to write a proposal for a working group 
                      report for requirements for schema evolution 
                      following closure of LC124 
?         2006-03-30: Marsh to make XSLT improvements for RDF
                      publication. 
?         2006-04-20: Glen to flesh out a model for runtime test
                      scenarios.
?         2006-06-08: Charlton to review the text appropriate to CR44 
                      to ensure that it is adequately explanatory.
[.3] DONE 2006-06-08: Paul to address the issues in CR45 regarding 
                      schema without namespace.
?         2006-06-08: Gil to write a response to the raiser of CR47.
?         2006-06-08: JacekK to respond to Jonathan re: cf050.
?         2006-06-08: Jacek to write a clarification to Arthur's 
                      proposal, explaining that BindingFault is correct,

                      not BindingFaultReference.

Current Editorial Action Items
 - none -

Note: Editorial AIs associated with LC issues recorded at [.2]. 

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/#actions
[.2] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/5/cr-issues/actions_owner.html
[.3] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2006Jun/0025.html

---------------------------------------------------------------------
4.  Administrivia
  a. Next telcons (Off June 22 for WS-I plenary.)
  b. Interop event, July 5-7, Toronto, hosted by IBM.  Logistics [.1]
  c. Interop TF progress report?
  d. SPARQL wsdl bug [.2]

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/6/07/interop-logistic.html
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2006May/0127.html

-----------------------------------------------------------------
5.  Issue CR022: Component Values Must Be Context Independent [.1]
  - Terminology clarification [.2]
  - WS-Addressing example [.3]
  - Arthur's proposed clarification [.4]

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/5/cr-issues/#CR022
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2006May/0101.html
[.3] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2006May/0128.html
[.4] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2006Jun/0034.html

-----------------------------------------------------------------
6.  Issue CR037: Comments on Part 2, Chapter 6 [.1]
  - Arthur looking into why one might need these media types.

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/5/cr-issues/#CR037

-----------------------------------------------------------------
7.  Issue CR044: Parts 1 and 2 Treat Defaults Inconsistently with each 
                 other [.1]
  - Reopen this issue ? [.2]
  - ACTION: Charlton to review the text appropriate to CR44 to ensure 
            that it is adequately explanatory

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/5/cr-issues/#CR044
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2006Jun/0010.html

-----------------------------------------------------------------
8.  Issue CR045: Inline schemas with no target namespace [.1]
  - Status quo [.2]
  - ACTION: Paul to address the issues in CR45 regarding schema 
            without namespace [.3]

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/5/cr-issues/#CR045
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2006May/0097.html
[.3] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2006Jun/0025.html

-----------------------------------------------------------------
9.  Issue CR052: Serializing only part of the body with HTTP binding
[.1]

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/5/cr-issues/#CR052

-----------------------------------------------------------------
10. Issue CR053: Allow absolute URI in {location} [.1]

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/5/cr-issues/#CR053

-----------------------------------------------------------------
11. Issue CR054: URIPath feedback [.1]

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/5/cr-issues/#CR054

-----------------------------------------------------------------
12. Issue CR055: Clarification needed on HTTP Transfer Coding [.1]
  - Arthur's proposal [.2]
  - ACTION: Jacek to write a clarification to Arthur's proposal, 
    explaining that BindingFault is correct, not BindingFaultReference

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/5/cr-issues/#CR055
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2006May/0087.html

-----------------------------------------------------------------
13. Issue CR056: Questions on {http method} and {safety} extension
    properties [.1]

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/5/cr-issues/#CR056

-----------------------------------------------------------------
14. Issue CR057: HTTPHeader name should be xs:string, not xs:QName [.1]

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/5/cr-issues/#CR057

-----------------------------------------------------------------
15. Issue CR058: Suggestion to change {safety} to {safe} [.1]

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/5/cr-issues/#CR058

-----------------------------------------------------------------
16. Issue CR059: Editorial: Where does {http location ignore uncited}
                 appear? [.1]

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/5/cr-issues/#CR059

-----------------------------------------------------------------
17. Issue CR060: Why don't whttp:authenticationType and {http 
                 authentication scheme} match? [.1]

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/5/cr-issues/#CR060

-----------------------------------------------------------------
18. Issue CR061: service and binding name shown as QNames in 
                 example - should be NCNames [.1]

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/5/cr-issues/#CR061

-----------------------------------------------------------------
19. Issue CR062: Re:service and binding name shown as QNames in 
                 example - should be NCNames [.1]

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/5/cr-issues/#CR062

-----------------------------------------------------------------
20. Issue CR063: Prefix declarations in inlined schema [.1]

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/5/cr-issues/#CR063

-----------------------------------------------------------------
21. Features "at risk"
  - Features and Properties [.1] Director's decision [.2]
    + collecting data on f&p deployment
  - HTTP Binding
    + awaiting data from implementers

[.1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-ws-desc/2006Apr/0014.html
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-ws-desc/2005Dec/0023.html
Received on Tuesday, 13 June 2006 21:55:02 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Monday, 7 December 2009 10:58:40 GMT