Re: Clarification needed on HTTP Transfer Coding

Jacek,

OK. I thought it might be an oversight.

Arthur Ryman,
IBM Software Group, Rational Division

phone: +1-905-413-3077, TL 969-3077
assistant: +1-905-413-2411, TL 969-2411
fax: +1-905-413-4920, TL 969-4920
mobile: +1-416-939-5063, text: 4169395063@fido.ca

Jacek Kopecky <jacek.kopecky@deri.org>
Sent by: www-ws-desc-request@w3.org
06/08/2006 01:29 PM

Arthur Ryman/Toronto/IBM@IBMCA
cc
"John Kaputin (gmail)" <jakaputin@gmail.com>, John Kaputin
<KAPUTIN@uk.ibm.com>, woden-dev@ws.apache.org, www-ws-desc@w3.org
Subject
Re: Clarification needed on HTTP Transfer Coding

Arthur, we discussed the issue on the call today and it seems that the
spec is not wrong on this particular point:

Among our components, it is message references and faults that specify
concrete data, and fault references only point to faults. Therefore
{http transfer coding} makes sense on BindingMessageReference and
BindingFault components, not on BindingFaultReference components.

Moving {http transfer coding} from binding fault to binding fault
reference would be adding a feature - the ability to specify different
transfer coding for one fault if used from different operations. I don't
think we need this. 8-)

I agree that the naming can be confusing. The problem is that
InterfaceMessageReference actually does refer to a message from the
applicable MEP and adds the data specification, and
InterfaceFaultReference refers to the fault from the MEP and instead of
adding the data specification directly, it points to an InterfaceFault
component that does that. We introduced this particular thing to allow
operations to share faults, fwiw.

Best regards,

Jacek

http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/ws/desc/wsdl20/wsdl20-adjuncts.html?content-type=text/html;%20charset=utf-8#http-transfer-coding-relate