Re: service and binding name shown as QNames in example - should be NCNames

From: Amelia A Lewis <alewis@tibco.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Jun 2006 13:37:21 -0400
To: "Jeremy Hughes" <hughesj@apache.org>
Cc: www-ws-desc@w3.org

Aha.  Yes, the example is incorrect, for binding, service, and interface as well.  This is the feature composition example.  Checking Core, Adjuncts, and the Primer (searching for name= and visual-grepping for qualified names) turns up no other instances of the problem.

Suggest that this be opened as editorial against CR, and fixed as (implicitly) recommended; drop the prefix from the name attribute for the three places where it is incorrectly inserted.

On Mon, 5 Jun 2006 10:51:34 +0100
"Jeremy Hughes" <hughesj@apache.org> wrote:

>The XML representation of the service component in part 1 [1]
>describes the service name attribute as being of type xs:NCName.
>However, example WSDL elsewhere in part 1 [2] has a service element
>  <service name="ns1:BankService"
>           interface="tns:Bank">
>i.e. with name attribute as a QName. I believe the service name should
>be simply "BankService" without qualification.
>The binding name in the same example suffers a similar problem.
>Many thanks,

Amelia A. Lewis
Senior Architect
TIBCO/Extensibility, Inc.