Re: WSDL Import with just a location attribute

Hi Arthur,

Thanks a lot for your response.
Actually, I am in absolute congruence with you on the current semantics of
import.
My question [might be extremely silly, but I am just trying to convince
myself :-( ] is on the lines of
What is the rationale behind choosing to use <import> as a declaration thats
used only for importing namespaces ? Why cant it be on documents as well ?
Doesnt import of a document correspond indirectly to the import of the
tasrget namespace of the document - or rather why cant we assume that intent
?

b) Is it true that in majority of the use-cases,
  i) It makes the job easier for the processing application to define its
own way of discovering the actual documents imported into the main
document corresponding to the namespaces defined in the import ? or rather,
is it the case that in majority of the use-cases, the processing application
does not use the location attribute of the <import> ?
 ii) Are the imported documents usually not known at design time ? If they
can be discovered at designtime, wdnt it be an easier task to specify the
location within the wsdl directly ?

rgds,
Ram