W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > www-ws-desc@w3.org > July 2006

Agenda: 13 July 2006 WS Description telcon

From: Jonathan Marsh <jmarsh@microsoft.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2006 12:05:21 -0700
Message-ID: <37D0366A39A9044286B2783EB4C3C4E803470934@RED-MSG-10.redmond.corp.microsoft.com>
To: <www-ws-desc@w3.org>

0.  Dial in information (members only) [.1]: 

See the public WG page [.2] for pointers to current documents and other
information, and the private page [.3] for administrative matters.

If you have additions to the agenda, please email them to the WG list
before the start of the telcon. 

[.1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-ws-desc/2006Jul/0004.html
[.2] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/
[.3] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/admin

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Agenda 

1.  Assign scribe.  Lucky minute taker for this week is one of: 
      Asir Vedamuthu, Roberto Chinnici, Gilbert Pilz, Paul Downey, 
      Philippe Le Hegaret, Tom Jordahl, Anish Karmarkar, Glen Daniels,
      Amelia Lewis, Youenn Fablet, Jean-Jacques Moreau, Allen Brookes, 

--------------------------------------------------------------------
2.  Approval of minutes:
  - July 6 [.1]

[.1]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2006Jul/att-0016/2006070
6-ws-desc-minutes.html

--------------------------------------------------------------------
3.  Review of Action items [.1]. 

[Interop]
DONE      2006-06-01: [interop] Jonathan to add sorting of soap modules,
                      http/soap headers.
DUP       2006-06-01: [interop] John to file issue whether {rpc
                      signature} should be OPTIONAL (4.1.1).
?         2006-06-08: [interop] Arthur to create a testcase for 
                      an unknown extension wsdl:required=true.
?         2006-06-08: [interop] Arthur to create a testcase for 
                      an unknown extension wsdl:required=false.
?         2006-06-08: [interop] Arthur to write test cases for messages 
                      and message exchanges for a simple WSDL (eg: an 
                      echo web service).
DUP       2006-06-15: [interop] Jonathan to build a new XSLT to 
                      construct the validation reports. 
?         2006-07-06: [interop] Lawrence - violate operation style
                      assertions.
?         2006-07-06: [interop] Youenn - define documents for stub 
                      generation.
?         2006-07-06: [interop] Jonathan - create validation-report
                      stylesheet.
DUP       2006-07-06: [interop] John - resolve Woden component model
                      interchange.
?         2006-07-06: [interop] Arthur - add xpaths for soap and http 
                      to document.
?         2006-07-06: [interop] Philippe - violate http binding
assertions.
?         2006-07-06: [interop] Chathura - will do interop tests with 
                      Youenn and Lawrence.
?         2006-07-07: [interop] Arthur to commit patches from yesterday 
DONE      2006-07-07: [interop] Jonathan to fix Ant tasks for cm 
                      interchange model format 
DONE      2006-07-07: [interop] Jonathan to run WSDL XSLT over new 
                      test suite 
?         2006-07-07: [interop] John to contribute some test cases 
?         2006-07-07: [interop] John to resolve Woden problems in cm
                      interchange format 
?         2006-07-07: [interop] John to write spec text for transfer
coding 
?         2006-07-07: [interop] to contribute test cases for assertions 
?         2006-07-07: [interop] Arthur to add TestMetadata.xml
validation 
                      to Ant scripts 
?         2006-07-07: [interop] Lawrence to create message test cases
based
                      on interop log files 
?         2006-07-07: [interop] Philippe to add stats on the assertion
                      coverage page 
?         2006-07-07: [interop] Arthur to include counts of good/bad
                      documents in document coverage report

WG
?         2005-07-21: Pauld to write a proposal for a working group 
                      report for requirements for schema evolution 
                      following closure of LC124 
?         2006-03-30: Marsh to make XSLT improvements for RDF
                      publication. 
?         2006-06-08: Gil to write a response to the raiser of CR47.
DONE [.6] 2006-06-15: Jonathan to file the issue rpc signature issue. 
?         2006-06-15: Arthur to update CR022 proposal. 
?         2006-06-15: Arthur to propose part 1 text about REQUIRED 
                      extensions.
DONE [.4] 2006-06-29: Jacek to draft a response to Eric re: CR052 
                      explaining that this represents a new use case, 
                      and that we will not be able to address this as 
                      such in the spec, but that it can be addressed as 
                      an additional extension...
?         2006-06-29: Philippe to write up recommended text to clarify 
                      the issue in CR53.
DONE [.5] 2006-06-29: Jacek to write a response to Eric correcting his
                      interpretation of the text as described in CR054.
?         2006-07-06: Glen to contribute some extension test cases.
DONE [.3] 2006-07-06: Roberto to propose text for CR044 and related 
                      interface-less binding text.
?         2006-07-06: Arthur to update cm interchange schema to make 
                      http cookies optional in the soap extension.
?         2006-07-06: John to write proposal for CR055 based on 
                      discussion and Jacek's email.

Current Editorial Action Items
 - none -

Note: Editorial AIs associated with LC issues recorded at [.2]. 

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/#actions
[.2] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/5/cr-issues/actions_owner.html
[.3] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2006Jul/0046.html
[.4] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2006Jul/0034.html
[.5] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2006Jul/0035.html
[.6]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-desc-comments/2006Jul/0002
.html

---------------------------------------------------------------------
4.  Administrivia
  a. Next telcon 27 July, August off, resuming Sept. 7
  b. SPARQL wsdl bug [.1]
  c. WSDL 1.1 schemas [.2]
  d. Multiple ports [.3]
  e. targetNamespace optional? [.4]

[.1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2006May/0127.html
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2006Jun/0059.html
[.3] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2006Jun/0069.html
[.4] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-ws-desc/2006Jul/0004.html

-----------------------------------------------------------------
5.  Interop event report [.1]
  - Timeline to complete CR testing - late Sept?
  - Timeline to resolve existing CR issues - substantial by next week, 
    editorial in Sept.
  - Moving interop-related issues higher on the agenda

[.1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2006Jul/0044.html

-----------------------------------------------------------------
6.  Issue CR044: Parts 1 and 2 Treat Defaults Inconsistently with each 
                 other [.1]
  - Reopen this issue to change the syntax? [.2]
  - Components of the latest proposal:
    + Roberto [.3]
    + Jacek [.4]
    + amendment? "applies to" terminology [.5, .6]
    + amendment? don't mention interface [.7]

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/5/cr-issues/#CR044
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2006Jun/0010.html
[.3] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2006Jul/0046.html
[.4] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2006Jul/0014.html
[.5] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2006Jul/0047.html
[.6] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2006Jul/0054.html
[.7] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2006Jul/0055.html

-----------------------------------------------------------------
7.  Issue CR070: Request 2 clarifications for RPC style [.1]

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/5/cr-issues/#CR070

-----------------------------------------------------------------
8.  Issue CR071: Request 2 clarifications for RPC style [.1]
  - Roberto's pushback [.2] 

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/5/cr-issues/#CR071
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2006Jul/0017.html

-----------------------------------------------------------------
9.  Issue CR072: Questions on {http method} and {safety} extension  
                 properties [.1]

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/5/cr-issues/#CR072

-----------------------------------------------------------------
10. Issue CR074: Assetions covered by schema validation [.1]

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/5/cr-issues/#CR074

-----------------------------------------------------------------
11. Issue CR073: Suggested editorial changes to adjuncts section 
                 4.1.1 wrpc:signature [.1]

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/5/cr-issues/#CR073

-----------------------------------------------------------------
12. Issue CR075: Suggested editorial changes for IRI and Multipart 
                 styles [.1]

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/5/cr-issues/#CR075

-----------------------------------------------------------------
13. Issue CR076: {rpc signature} REQUIRED when rpc style is not 
                 specified? [.1]

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/5/cr-issues/#CR076

-----------------------------------------------------------------
14. Issue CR055: Clarification needed on HTTP Transfer Coding [.1]
  - Arthur's proposal [.2]
  - ACTION: John to write proposal for CR055 based on discussion and 
    Jacek's email

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/5/cr-issues/#CR055
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2006May/0087.html

-----------------------------------------------------------------
15. Issue CR058: Suggestion to change {safety} to {safe} [.1]

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/5/cr-issues/#CR058

-----------------------------------------------------------------
16. Issue CR060: Why don't whttp:authenticationType and {http 
                 authentication scheme} match? [.1]

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/5/cr-issues/#CR060

-----------------------------------------------------------------
17. Issue CR022: Component Values Must Be Context Independent [.1]
  - Terminology clarification [.2]
  - WS-Addressing example [.3]
  - Arthur's proposed clarification [.4]

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/5/cr-issues/#CR022
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2006May/0101.html
[.3] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2006May/0128.html
[.4] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2006Jun/0034.html

-----------------------------------------------------------------
18. Issue CR053: Allow absolute URI in {location} [.1]
  - ACTION: Philippe to write up recommended text to clarify the 
            issue in CR53

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/5/cr-issues/#CR053

-----------------------------------------------------------------
19. Issue CR069: Deconstructing MEPs [.1]
  - Amy's pushback [.2]

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/5/cr-issues/#CR069
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2006Jul/0036.html

-----------------------------------------------------------------
20. Issue CR052: Serializing only part of the body with HTTP binding
[.1]
  - ACTION: Jacek to draft a response to Eric re: CR052 explaining that 
            this represents a new use case, and that we will not be able
            to address this as such in the spec, but that it can be 
            addressed as an additional extension... [.2]

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/5/cr-issues/#CR052
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2006Jul/0034.html

-----------------------------------------------------------------
21. Issue CR054: URIPath feedback [.1]
  - ACTION: Jacek to write a response to Eric correcting his
            interpretation of the text as described in CR054 [.2]

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/5/cr-issues/#CR054
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2006Jul/0035.html

-----------------------------------------------------------------
22. Issue CR045: Inline schemas with no target namespace [.1]
  - Status quo [.2]
  - ACTION: Paul to address the issues in CR45 regarding schema 
            without namespace [.3]

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/5/cr-issues/#CR045
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2006May/0097.html
[.3] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2006Jun/0025.html

-----------------------------------------------------------------
23. Issue CR059: Editorial: Where does {http location ignore uncited}
                 appear? [.1]

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/5/cr-issues/#CR059

-----------------------------------------------------------------
24. Issue CR061: service and binding name shown as QNames in 
                 example - should be NCNames [.1]

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/5/cr-issues/#CR061

-----------------------------------------------------------------
25. Issue CR062: Re:service and binding name shown as QNames in 
                 example - should be NCNames [.1]

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/5/cr-issues/#CR062

-----------------------------------------------------------------
26. Issue CR063: Prefix declarations in inlined schema [.1]

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/5/cr-issues/#CR063

-----------------------------------------------------------------
27. Issue CR066: Endpoint component {name} property vs xml
representation 
                 as a QName [.1]

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/5/cr-issues/#CR066

-----------------------------------------------------------------
28. Issue CR068: WSDL 2.0 part 2 comment - 2.3.x, 2.2.x wording problems
                 [.1]

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/5/cr-issues/#CR068

-----------------------------------------------------------------
29. Issue CR064: WSDL 2.0 primer CR comments [.1]

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/5/cr-issues/#CR064

-----------------------------------------------------------------
30. Issue CR065: Re: WSDL 2.0 primer CR comments [.1]

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/5/cr-issues/#CR065

-----------------------------------------------------------------
31. Issue CR021: Re: WSDL describing Interface operation safety [.1]

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/5/cr-issues/#CR021

-----------------------------------------------------------------
32. Features "at risk"
  - Features and Properties [.1] Director's decision [.2]
    + collecting data on f&p deployment
  - HTTP Binding
    + awaiting data from implementers

[.1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-ws-desc/2006Apr/0014.html
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-ws-desc/2005Dec/0023.html
Received on Wednesday, 12 July 2006 19:06:32 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Monday, 7 December 2009 10:58:41 GMT