RE: Deconstructing MEPs

From: Rogers, Tony <Tony.Rogers@ca.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Jul 2006 18:22:45 +1000
To: "Jonathan Marsh" <jmarsh@microsoft.com>, <www-ws-desc@w3.org>
As far as that goes, the in-only MEP also uses "no-faults", so it's not a perfect match for the in portion of in-out, either. And you can't use robust in-only, nor in-optional-out, either.

The decomposition will never be perfect if we use the existing one-way MEPs, because they have not been designed to be used in this way. We would need to change them to make them usable as components. I guess, what we'd really need is one-way components, which could be assembled in various ways to make all of the MEPs.

Do we need this?

Tony Rogers
CA, Inc
Senior Architect, Development