targetNamespace required?

From: Jonathan Marsh <jmarsh@microsoft.com>
Date: Mon, 3 Jul 2006 14:07:42 -0700
To: <www-ws-desc@w3.org>
In WSDL 2.0, targetNamespace is required.  It's not required in WSDL
1.1.  The WS-I Basic Profile is considering making it required for
better forward compatibility with WSDL 2.0, and because we weren't aware
of any real-world usage of WSDL 1.1 without a targetNamespace.

I can't recall at this point discussions we may have had when making
targetNamespace required.  Is there any argument or usecases the WS-I BP
should evaluate in considering requiring targetNamespace?

 [  Jonathan Marsh  ][  jmarsh@microsoft.com
<mailto:jmarsh@microsoft.com>   ][  http://auburnmarshes.spaces.msn.com
]