W3C

WS Description WG
12 Jan 2006

See also: IRC log

Attendees

Present
Charlton Baretto, Adobe Systems
Roberto Chinnici, Sun Microsystems
Paul Downey, British Telecommunications
Youenn Fablet, Canon
Hugo Haas, W3C
Tom Jordahl, Macromedia
Jacek Kopecky, DERI Innsbruck at the Leopold-Franzens-Universitšt Innsbruck, Austria
Amelia Lewis, TIBCO
Bozhong Lin, IONA Technologies
Kevin Canyang Liu, SAP
Jonathan Marsh, Co-chair/Microsoft
Jean-Jacques Moreau, Canon
Vivek Pandey, Sun Microsystems
Gilbert Pilz, BEA Systems
Tony Rogers, Co-chair/Computer Associates
Arthur Ryman, IBM
Umit Yalcinalp, SAP
Regrets
Asir Vedamuthu, Microsoft
Chair
Marsh
Scribe
Gil

Contents


approval of minutes

minutes approved

review of action items

?         2005-07-21: pauld to write a proposal for a working group 
                      report for requirements for schema evolution 
                      following closure of LC124 
?         2005-10-20: Kendall to contact DAWG to ask for contribution to
                      test suite, due 2005-10-27. 
DONE      2005-11-10: Hugo will start adding assertions to Part 2. 
?         2005-11-10: Marsh to take the IRI issue to the CG, due
                      2005-11-16. 
?         2005-12-08: Amy to propose text warning about the knots one 
                      can tie oneself up in when writing an extension. 
DONE      2005-01-05: Marsh to contact XQuery and chairs re formal
                      methods. 
DONE      2005-01-05: Marsh to work on typography abstract. 
DONE [.4] 2005-01-05: Arthur to check Woden's schedule and report back. 
DONE [.5] 2005-01-05: Marsh to ask about CR003 alternatives. 
?         2005-01-05: JacekK to detail (e.g. in a list) what constraints
                      of the component model are not enforced by the WSDL
                      ontology. 
DONE      2005-01-05: Marsh to add link to test suite from home page. 
?         2005-01-05: Glen to write an outline for a test service and
                      send it to the list.

Current Editorial Action Items
DONE [.3] 2005-07-21: Arthur to add stable identifiers for each 
                      assertion, due 2005-09-26. 

Note: Editorial AIs associated with LC issues recorded at [.2]. 

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/#actions
[.2] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/5/cr-issues/actions_owner.html
[.3] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/ws/desc/test-suite/assert-yourself.html
[.4] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2006Jan/0005.html
[.5] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-desc-comments/2006Jan/0000.html

CR published on January 6th, 2006

Action Item http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2005Nov/att-0036/20051110-ws-desc-minutes.html#action02

unclear is action item if still necessary

not much response from XQuery group in response to http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2006Jan/att-0004/20060105-ws-desc-minutes.html#action01

<Arthur> fyi, see http://incubator.apache.org/woden/dev/1.0/milestoneplan.html

Jonathan: it doesn't look like a full interop session will be necessary for the Cannes meeting

<Arthur> the woden 1.0 release is planned for april 28

Jonathan to close http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2005Jul/att-0128/20050721-ws-desc-minutes.html#item07

<Jonathan> ACTION: Arthur to come up with an allocaiton for reviewing assertions. [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/01/12-ws-desc-minutes.html#action01]

Arthur: we need review of the identifiers that have been added

administrivia

discussion around the Cannes meeting, travel arrangements, etc.

no full interop planned for Cannes meeting

Arthur: who else is planning on doing an implementation?

all: discussion (Axis?)

Arthur: the Axis work isn't independent of Woden
... Axis would create code generators based on Woden's models

<Jonathan> ACTION: Marsh to send CR announcement to SOAPBuilders. [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/01/12-ws-desc-minutes.html#action02]

all: dicussion on socializing our CR status, encouraging implementations

CR issues

CR03

can we post a link to the email we are discussing?

<Arthur> Jeremy Geelan, jeremy@sys-con.com, Web Services Developers Journal

<Jonathan> ACTION: Hugo to find uses of x-www... media types in W3C Recs. [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/01/12-ws-desc-minutes.html#action03]

<Jonathan> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-desc-comments/2006Jan/0001.html

<Arthur> the publication is actually SOA Web Services Journal http://webservices.sys-con.com/

all: no support for adding a warning about x-www to our documents

CR002

Issue 283 - RDF mapping

background: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2006Jan/0020.html

some discussion around the idea of producing an XSLT to map from WSDL 2.0 component model to RDF

Jonathan: concerned about expanding the scope of our deliverables

JacekK: could produce the XSLT as a tool
... keep issue open pending further discussion with David

issue 284

(skip issue)

<JacekK> ACTION: Jacek to investigate with SWDBP WG the status of part-whole ontology [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/01/12-ws-desc-minutes.html#action04]

issue 287

JacekK: that can sleep for now, its not crucial

issue 288

<scribe> ACTION: JacekK to contact XMLP WG on blessing http://www.w3.org/2005/10/wsdl-rdf#SOAPMessageExchangePattern to point [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/01/12-ws-desc-minutes.html#action05]

to the concept of a SOAP 1.2 message exchange pattern

CR testing issues/progress

Arthur: the test cases that we currently have are being run in Woden

Jonathan: proposes to cancel next weeks call

(no objections)

(more discussion about socializing CR status and inspiring implementations)

Jonathan: everybody in the WG has permission (is encouraged?) to email, blog, etc. about the need for WSDL 2.0 implemenations

<Jonathan> Thanks Gil

was that right?

Summary of Action Items

[NEW] ACTION: Arthur to come up with an allocaiton for reviewing assertions. [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/01/12-ws-desc-minutes.html#action01]
[NEW] ACTION: Hugo to find uses of x-www... media types in W3C Recs. [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/01/12-ws-desc-minutes.html#action03]
[NEW] ACTION: Jacek to investigate with SWDBP WG the status of part-whole ontology [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/01/12-ws-desc-minutes.html#action04]
[NEW] ACTION: JacekK to contact XMLP WG on blessing http://www.w3.org/2005/10/wsdl-rdf#SOAPMessageExchangePattern to point [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/01/12-ws-desc-minutes.html#action05]
[NEW] ACTION: Marsh to send CR announcement to SOAPBuilders. [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/01/12-ws-desc-minutes.html#action02]
 
[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.127 (CVS log)
$Date: 2006/01/12 16:53:16 $