From: Ramkumar Menon <ramkumar.menon@gmail.com>
Date: Feb 20, 2006 11:18 AM
Subject: Re: Async Conversations captured in WSDL Model
To: Charlton Barreto <charlton_b@mac.com>

Hi Charlton,

 Thanks. I absolutely agree with your point. My only contention was on
the fact that by defining an asyncinteraction, the primary intent is not to
define what services a particular service interacts with, but rather
the *capability
of a Service*, thru the fact that
a) A Service "A" provides the implementation for a portType within the WSDL.
[or in other words, the list of portTypes that  a service implements]
b) Any other  Service can implement another portType within the WSDL so as
to initiate interactions with "A". or be a follower in interactions with
"A". [or in other words, the list of portTypes that partner Services need to
implement, in order to interact with the Service "A".]

i.e., this enables definition of communication endpoints of a Service, in
asbolutely similar fashion as that of synchronous request/reply paradaigm.

The fact that the request  message is being used to initiate an
orchestration is outside the scope of WSDL - Anything could have possibly
done using the initiated message. Orchestration is just one of the things.
 Do let me know your valuable thoughts/feedback on this.

rgds,
Menon

--
Shift to the left, shift to the right!