Re: Review of WSDL 2.0 - RDF Mapping

On Thu, 2006-02-02 at 08:48 -0500, Bijan Parsia wrote:
> > Yes, some of the properties can be applied to multiple classes. I
> > choose
> > not to introduce superclasses for such things.
>
> Make the domain the disjunction of the two classes. That expresses
> exactly what you intended.

Except I intend the property to be reusable so that whatever outside
WSDL wants to point to a WSDL interface, can use this property.

On the other hand, in context of the issue about reusing the part-whole
ontology, I've begun wondering whether such reusable properties are good
modeling. In fact, I'm thinking about whether it would make sense to
split the property "interface" into two properties, one to be used from
Description and the other from Service:

1) something like Description "defines_interface" Interface (with both
range and domain), maybe even just "has_part_directly" (without range or
domain)
2) something like Service "implements_interface" Interface, but here I
still don't think that only WSDL services should be allowed to say this;
or, in RDF terms, I don't think that everything that
"implements_interface" is a WSDL service.

I'll be glad for any opinion,

Jacek