W3C

WS Description WG telcon
20 Apr 2006

See also: IRC log

Attendees

Present
Charlton Baretto, Adobe Systems
Allen Brookes, Rogue Wave Software
Roberto Chinnici, Sun Microsystems
Glen Daniels, Sonic Software
Paul Downey, British Telecommunications
Youenn Fablet, Canon
Hugo Haas, W3C
Tom Jordahl, Macromedia
Anish Karmarkar, Oracle
Jacek Kopecky, DERI Innsbruck at the Leopold-Franzens-Universitšt Innsbruck, Austria
Bozhong Lin, IONA Technologies
Jonathan Marsh, Co-chair/Microsoft
Jean-Jacques Moreau, Canon
Tony Rogers, Co-chair/Computer Associates
Arthur Ryman, IBM
Peter Zehler, Xerox
Regrets
Amelia Lewis, TIBCO
Vivek Pandey, Sun Microsystems
Chair
Marsh
Scribe
youenn

Contents


<Jonathan> Today's WSDL Interop call "minutes": http://www.w3.org/2006/04/20-wsdltest-minutes.html

Minutes approved

--------------------------------------------------------------------
3.  Review of Action items [.1]. 

?         2005-07-21: Pauld to write a proposal for a working group 
                      report for requirements for schema evolution 
                      following closure of LC124 
DONE [.3] 2005-01-05: Glen to write an outline for a test service and
                      send it to the list.
DONE [.4] 2006-03-16: Hugo to check Part 2 for instances of the
                      terminology "fatal error". 
?         2006-03-30: Marsh to make XSLT improvements for RDF
                      publication.

Current Editorial Action Items
 - none -

Note: Editorial AIs associated with LC issues recorded at [.2]. 

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/#actions
[.2] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/5/cr-issues/actions_owner.html
[.3] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2006Apr/0018.html
[.4] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2006Apr/0006.html

Administrivia

Jonathan: next telcon in 3 weeks, 11th of May ?

Next telcon seems agreed

<scribe> New issue: error & fault terminology

<Jonathan> Diff: http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/ws/desc/wsdl20/wsdl20-adjuncts.xml.diff?r1=1.160&r2=1.161&f=h

Hugo: I went through the spec and found some use of error and fault words. I fixed these places.
... we should raise an issue about this as this changes the document

Tony: the changes look fine

<TomJ> I read them and they looked good

Arthur: why should it be raised as an issue ?

Hugo: there is no change in the assertions, this is only changes in the wording

Roberto: so this seems editorial

Jonathan: I 'll mark this as editorial

Arthur: I noticed some typos in Part 2. Can I correct them directly ?

Hugo: yes

<Arthur> in Part 2 that is, just being polite!

RDF Status

Jacek: by the next telcon, a draft should be out, last call ready

Jonathan: I can schedule a tentative vote to go to last call on that telcon ?

Jacek: yes

<JacekK> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/chairs/2006JanMar/0084

Implementation status

Jonathan: interchange format is now stable enough to generate dumps that can be compared
... this format allows testing that components are built consistently from WSDL documents

Glen: I finished my AI on runtime interop
... We should use the primer example
... Testing would be to read the WSDL and verify that exchange messages correspond to what has been described

Jonathan: what about servser-side testing ?

Glen: we should also implement this case

Jonathan: how do we get from this proposal to some concrete tests ?

Glen: everybody should first agree with the proposed plan
... then we should generate the tests

Jonathan: could come up with a complete scenario document

Glen: Could come up with a scenario template

<scribe> ACTION: Glen to flesh out a model for runtime test scenarios [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/04/20-ws-desc-minutes.html#action01]

Jonathan: s
... best guess for an interop event is the 6-7 of july in Toronto

Glen: I cannot commit to have an implementation at that time

Roberto: we do not have plan to attend but even in that case, we would not be able to attend

<Jonathan> ACTION: Jonathan to publish the 6-7 July Toronto date and see what reaction we get. [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/04/20-ws-desc-minutes.html#action02]

Summary of Action Items

[NEW] ACTION: Glen to flesh out a model for runtime test scenarios [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/04/20-ws-desc-minutes.html#action01]
[NEW] ACTION: Jonathan to publish the 6-7 July Toronto date and see what reaction we get. [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/04/20-ws-desc-minutes.html#action02]
 
[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.127 (CVS log)
$Date: 2006/04/20 15:49:20 $