Re: Description Component

From: Arthur Ryman <ryman@ca.ibm.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2005 14:00:11 -0400
To: Jacek Kopecky <jacek.kopecky@deri.org>
Cc: www-ws-desc@w3.org
Jack,

You can use a Description component designator to represent the component
model instance you get by starting from some WSDL document and pulling in
other components via import and include. Conversely, if you are given a
Description component designator then you can treat the URI as the
namespace of the root WSDL document, and serialize the component model
instance back out starting from there.

Arthur Ryman,
IBM Software Group, Rational Division

phone: +1-905-413-3077, TL 969-3077
assistant: +1-905-413-2411, TL 969-2411
fax: +1-905-413-4920, TL 969-4920
mobile: +1-416-939-5063, text: 4169395063@fido.ca

Jacek Kopecky <jacek.kopecky@deri.org>
09/27/2005 11:01 AM

Arthur Ryman/Toronto/IBM@IBMCA
cc
www-ws-desc@w3.org
Subject
Re: Description Component

Hi Arthur,

I see now that my problem with a component belonging to multiple
Descriptions is not necessarily a problem. We can easily add the
Description component to the model.

On the other hand - what exactly can you use Description for? You see
some kind of context implied in the Description component, some kind of
relationship between the components belonging to the same Description.
What is that relationship and what would you use it for?

Best regards,

Jacek