Re: WSDL 2.0 test case problems - unknown host & schema visibility

From: Arthur Ryman <ryman@ca.ibm.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2005 18:04:54 -0400
To: John Kaputin <KAPUTIN@uk.ibm.com>
Cc: www-ws-desc@w3.org, www-ws-desc-request@w3.org

Thx. That test case was extracted verbattim from our Primer. I think I'll
add an XML catalog and local copies of any referenced schema. Any WSDL
processor should support a URI resolver that uses an XML catalog. There is
one of those in the Apache commons project. Would that work for you?

Arthur Ryman,
IBM Software Group, Rational Division

phone: +1-905-413-3077, TL 969-3077
assistant: +1-905-413-2411, TL 969-2411
fax: +1-905-413-4920, TL 969-4920
mobile: +1-416-939-5063, text: 4169395063@fido.ca

John Kaputin <KAPUTIN@uk.ibm.com>
Sent by: www-ws-desc-request@w3.org
09/23/2005 05:17 AM

WSDL 2.0 test case problems - unknown host & schema visibility

This WSDL test case has element references that are prefixed with a
namespace that is schema imported within <types>, however the
schemaLocation URL  cannot be resolved (java.net.UnknownHostException:
greath.example.com).  A wsdl processor might use a catalog to resolve such
a host name, but I guess that's not the objective of this test case.

    schemaLocation="http://greath.example.com/2004/schemas/resSvc.xsd" />

I think there is another problem too. This wsdl imports another wsdl
document containing a schema import of "credit-card-faults.xsd".  That
schema should not be visible to the top level wsdl, unless it imports the
schema directly in its <types> element (i.e. if WSDL B xs:imports Schema X
and WSDL A wsdl:imports WSDL B,  Schema X is not visible to WSDL A.  WSDL
must xs:import Schema X directly). However in this test case, the top
wsdl does have element references to that schema's namespace. For this
case to work, I think the top level schema needs to xs:import
"credit-card-faults.xsd" in its <types> element.

John Kaputin