Re: WSDL RDF mapping draft

From: Bijan Parsia <bparsia@isr.umd.edu>
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2005 12:49:17 -0400
Cc: "Jacek Kopecky" <jacek.kopecky@deri.org>, "WS-Description WG" <www-ws-desc@w3.org>, "Asir Vedamuthu" <asirveda@microsoft.com>
To: Bijan Parsia <bparsia@isr.umd.edu>

On Sep 26, 2005, at 11:11 AM, Bijan Parsia wrote:
[snip]
>> (e) Is this a 'lossy' mapping from WSDL Component Model to RDF?
>
> Yes. Well, mostly. It uses names and modeling techniques that are more
> congenial to people working with the rdf (I had an earlier version
> that strove to be a transliteration of the text where possible, but
> this was rejected by the semantic web best practices group). But it
> should be round-trippable (except for schema components, perhaps).
>
> The *intention* is to be lossy.
[snip]

Oops. Jacek and my intentions differ.

For the mapped components, it should be lossy. Jacek proposes to drop
mapping some components (e.g., Descriptions) on the grounds that they
aren't really interesting and a bit cluttery. I think they are harmless
and would prefer to have them in.

Cheers,
Bijan.