Re: Problem with test cases using schema import

From: Arthur Ryman <ryman@ca.ibm.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2005 11:39:27 -0400
To: jakaputin@gmail.com
Cc: John Kaputin <KAPUTIN@uk.ibm.com>, www-ws-desc@w3.org, www-ws-desc-request@w3.org
John,

Thx. I'll fix this. FYI, we just do schema validation on the test cases at
the moment.

Arthur Ryman,
IBM Software Group, Rational Division

phone: +1-905-413-3077, TL 969-3077
assistant: +1-905-413-2411, TL 969-2411
fax: +1-905-413-4920, TL 969-4920
mobile: +1-416-939-5063, text: 4169395063@fido.ca

"John Kaputin (gmail)" <jakaputin@gmail.com>
Sent by: www-ws-desc-request@w3.org
09/20/2005 10:05 AM
Please respond to
jakaputin

www-ws-desc@w3.org, John Kaputin <KAPUTIN@uk.ibm.com>
cc

Subject
Problem with test cases using schema import

Could one of the Working Group editors take a look at these WSDL test
cases?

http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/ws/desc/test-suite/documents/good/XsImport-1G/reservation.wsdl

http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/ws/desc/test-suite/documents/good/XsImport-2G/reservationDetails.wsdl

http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/ws/desc/test-suite/documents/good/XsImport-3G/reservationDetails.wsdl

These 3 test cases use <xs:import> without the schemaLocation attribute,
but in all 3 the imported namespace is missing an 's' off the end (i.e.
.../reservationItems) and the prefix 'items' should be declared.

e.g.

the importing schema reservation.wsdl is currently:
                                 <xs:schema
                                                 targetNamespace="
http://greath.example.com/2004/schemas/reservationDetails
">

                                                 <xs:import
 namespace="http://greath.example.com/2004/schemas/reservationItem" />

                                                 <xs:element
name="reservationDetails">

 <xs:complexType>
  <xs:sequence>
                 <xs:element ref="items:confirmationNumber" />
                 <xs:element ref="items:checkInDate" />

I think it should be:

        <xs:schema
            targetNamespace="