RE: What are the exemptions for use of IRI?

From: Tom Jordahl <tomj@macromedia.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2005 11:24:07 -0400
To: "Jonathan Marsh" <jmarsh@microsoft.com>, "Liu, Kevin" <kevin.liu@sap.com>, <www-ws-desc@w3.org>
> Having one statement pointing out that our use of URI instead of IRI
is a simplification should be sufficient.

Huge +1.

I can't tell you how annoyed I am that the term URI (which most people
are only barely getting used to) is being replaced by "IRI".  Most user
unfriendly and we should avoid the term like the plague.

And I still don't like these new fangled push-button phones either.
Hrrrumph.  :-)

--
Tom Jordahl
Macromedia Server Development