SOAPAction, WS-I BP, SOAP 1.1 and WS-Addr

From: Anish Karmarkar <Anish.Karmarkar@oracle.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2005 10:36:51 -0700
To: www-ws-desc@w3.org

I verified that our resolution regd. SOAPAction that we adopted today is
not a problem from SOAP 1.1, WS-I BP and implementation perspective (a
whole bunch of impl. traces are available at [1]).

I think the only issue is wrt to WS-Addressing SOAP binding [2], which
does not qualify the statement (quoted below) as applicable to HTTP
Request only:
"The value of the SOAPAction HTTP header MUST either be identical to the
value of the wsa:Action header, or be empty."

I'll raise that as an ed. issue in WS-Addr WG.

Thx.

-Anish
--

[1] http://www.whitemesa.com/interop.htm