W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > www-ws-desc@w3.org > October 2005

Agenda: 27 October 2005 WS Description telcon

From: Jonathan Marsh <jmarsh@microsoft.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2005 14:49:06 -0700
Message-ID: <37D0366A39A9044286B2783EB4C3C4E8845E42@RED-MSG-10.redmond.corp.microsoft.com>
To: <www-ws-desc@w3.org>

0.  Dial in information (members only) [.1]: 

See the public WG page [.2] for pointers to current documents and other
information, and the private page [.3] for administrative matters.

If you have additions to the agenda, please email them to the WG list
before the start of the telcon. 

[.1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-ws-desc/2005Oct/0027.html
[.2] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/
[.3] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/admin

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Agenda 

1.  Assign scribe.  Lucky minute taker for this week is one of: 
      Jeff Mischkinsky, David Orchard, Dale Moberg, Umit Yalcinalp, 
      Charlton Baretto, Asir Vedamuthu, Roberto Chinnici, Youenn Fablet

--------------------------------------------------------------------
2.  Approval of minutes: 
  - Oct 20 telcon [.1]. 

[.1]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2005Oct/att-0039/2005102
0-ws-desc-minutes.html

--------------------------------------------------------------------
3.  Review of Action items [.1]. 

?         2005-07-21: pauld to write a proposal for a working group 
                      report for requirements for schema evolution 
                      following closure of LC124 
?         2005-09-26: DaveO to draft a response and send to the WG. 
                      (LC335), due 2005-10-06. 
?         2005-09-26: Arthur to draft above as a proposal to be able to 
                      close this issue (LC344#5), due 2005-10-06. 
?         2005-09-26: Arthur to look for simplification options for 
                      comment 12 of 344. (LC344#12), due 2005-10-06. 
?         2005-09-26: Jonathan to point this out when it gets 
                      Implemented (LC344#13), due 2005-10-06. 
?         2005-09-26: Sanjiva and Roberto to investigate defaulting with

                      interfaceless bindings (LC333), due 2005-10,06 
DONE [.3] 2005-10-06: Marsh to investigate LC301 re .NET scenarios, 
                      due 2005-10-13. 
DONE [.4] 2005-10-06: Charlton to augment Hugo's proposal with 
                      parameters for all serializations, and syntax 
                      for suppressing parameters, due 2005-10-13. 
?         2005-10-20: Bijan to contact WG to ask for contribution to 
                      test suite, due 2005-10-27. 
DONE [.5] 2005-10-20: Marsh to forward nits to SPARQL, due 2005-10-27. 
?         2005-10-20: Tony to write up issues on I18N draft and email to

                      WSD mailing-list, due 2005-10-27. 
?         2005-10-20: Hugo to send email describing sanjiva's 2
properties
                      proposal (LC304), due 2005-10-27. 
DONE [.6] 2005-10-20: Marsh to go send email asking for clarification 
                      (LC357), due 2005-10-27.

Current Editorial Action Items 
?         2005-07-21: Arthur to add stable identifiers for each 
                      assertion, due 2005-09-26. 
?         2005-09-26: editors to fix the first paragraph of section 4 
                      ... does not make sense at all right now. 
                      (LC344#5), due 2005-10-06. 
?         2005-09-26: Editors to add a sentence saying {address} is 
                      optional because it could be defined by other 
                      means, such as an WS-A endpoint reference or maybe

                      the scenario does not require an address. 
                      (LC344#13), due 2005-10-06. 
?         2005-09-26: Editors fix "Case Elements NOT cited" in 6.8.1.2 
                      header to be "Case of elements NOT cited" (LC345),

                      due 2005-10-06. 

Note: Editorial AIs associated with LC issues recorded at [.2]. 

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/#actions 
[.2] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/5/lc-issues/actions_owner.html 
[.3] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2005Oct/0044.html
[.4] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2005Oct/0045.html	
[.5]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-dawg-comments/2005Oct/005
1.html
[.6]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-desc-comments/2005Oct/0042
.html

---------------------------------------------------------------------
4.  Administrivia
 a. Upcoming FTF Nov 9 (joint) 10-11 Tokyo 
    - Registration [.1] (now closed - any stragglers?) 
    - Logistics [.2] (hotel registration closes Oct 9th.) 
    - Wed event [.3]
 b. RDF Mapping publication status [.4] 
 c. I18N review 
 d. daylight time starts next week
 e. LC315 text? [.5]

[.1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-ws-desc/2005Jul/0018.html 
[.2] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/addr/5/nov-f2f.html 
[.3] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-ws-desc/2005Oct/0002.html 
[.4]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2005Sep/att-0046/wsdl-rd
f.html__charset_ISO-8859-2 
[.5] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2005Oct/0027.html

-----------------------------------------------------------------
5.  Issue LC301: {soap action} granularity [.1]
  - Response [.2] to Jonathan's mail to the WS-A WG [.3]. 
  - Tom disagrees [.4]
  - .NET report from Jonathan [.5]. 

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/5/lc-issues/#LC301 
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2005Sep/0064.html 
[.3] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2005Sep/0003.html 
[.4] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2005Sep/0066.html 
[.5] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2005Oct/0044.html

-----------------------------------------------------------------
6.  Issue LC304: Definition of a IANA media type token [.1]
  - Proposal from Hugo [.2]
  - Analysis re LC337 from Hugo [.3]
  - Latest proposal from Hugo [.4]
  - even later [.5]
  - Sanjiva's media type style proposal [.6]

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/5/lc-issues/#LC304 
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2005Sep/0024.html 
[.3] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2005Oct/0008.html 
[.4] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2005Oct/0028.html 
[.5] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2005Oct/0046.html
[.6] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2005Oct/0022.html

-----------------------------------------------------------------
7.  Issue LC345: POST & application/x-www-form-urlencoded 
                 serialization [.1]
  - Proposal from Hugo [.2]
  - Proposal from Charlton [.3]. 

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/5/lc-issues/#LC345 
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2005Sep/0063.html 
[.3] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2005Oct/0045.html

-----------------------------------------------------------------
8.  Splitting out the HTTP Binding
  - At the FTF there was a groundswell of support for splitting the HTTP

    binding out and running it through a third Last Call.  I said we'd 
    consider it at a telcon. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------
9.  Issue LC333: WSDL 2: binding defaults not component model 
                 properties? [.1] 
   - ACTION: Sanjiva and Roberto to investigate defaulting with 
             interfaceless bindings. 

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/5/lc-issues/#LC333 

-----------------------------------------------------------------
10. Issue LC344: LC ISSUE: Editorial points [.1]
  - Proposal (#5): 
    - remove "it is an error" 
    - copy the stuff from section 6: if things compose you might 
      get yourself in trouble 
    - styles are optional extensions 
    - ACTION: Arthur to draft above as a proposal to be able to 
              close this issue. 
        DONE: Proposal at [.3], but with new consideration at [.4]
    - ACTION: editors to look at sections 4.2 & 4.3 of part2 and 
              see whether the first sentences (paragraphs) are 
              no-ops. 
        DONE: Recommend dropping these sentences. [.2] 

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/5/lc-issues/#LC344 
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2005Oct/0009.html 
[.3] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2005Oct/0040.html
[.4] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2005Oct/0041.html

-----------------------------------------------------------------
11. Issue LC353: What is a valid WSDL component model? [.1] 

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/5/lc-issues/#LC353 

-----------------------------------------------------------------
12. Issue LC357: Comments on WSDL 2.0 (Core, Adjuncts, Soap 1.1 
                 Binding) from the i18n core wg (3) [.1] 

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/5/lc-issues/#LC357 
Received on Tuesday, 25 October 2005 21:49:44 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Monday, 7 December 2009 10:58:37 GMT