W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > www-ws-desc@w3.org > October 2005

Agenda: 20 October 2005 WS Description telcon

From: Jonathan Marsh <jmarsh@microsoft.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2005 08:09:31 -0700
Message-ID: <64F7DF01A64ABA4EA58B04B67B6048970517E35A@RED-MSG-10.redmond.corp.microsoft.com>
To: <www-ws-desc@w3.org>

0.  Dial in information (members only) [.1]: 

See the public WG page [.2] for pointers to current documents and other information, and the private page [.3] for administrative matters.

If you have additions to the agenda, please email them to the WG list before the start of the telcon. 

[.1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-ws-desc/2005Oct/0019.html <http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-ws-desc/2005Oct/0019.html>  
[.2] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/ <http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/>  
[.3] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/admin <http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/admin>  

-------------------------------------------------------------------- 
Agenda 

1.  Assign scribe.  Lucky minute taker for this week is one of: 
      Jeff Mischkinsky, David Orchard, Dale Moberg, Umit Yalcinalp, 
      Jean-Jacques Moreau, Charlton Baretto, 
      Asir Vedamuthu, Roberto Chinnici 

-------------------------------------------------------------------- 
2.  Approval of minutes: 
  - Oct 13 telcon [.1]. 

[.1] -------------------------------------------------------------------- 
3.  Review of Action items [.1]. 

?         2005-07-21: pauld to write a proposal for a working group 
                      report for requirements for schema evolution 
                      following closure of LC124  
DONE [.6] 2005-09-26: Arthur to figure out how to treat built-in schema 
                      types. (LC315), due 2005-10-06. 
?         2005-09-26: DaveO to draft a response and send to the WG. 
                      (LC335), due 2005-10-06. 
?         2005-09-26: Arthur to draft above as a proposal to be able to 
                      close this issue (LC344#5), due 2005-10-06. 
?         2005-09-26: Arthur to look for simplification options for 
                      comment 12 of 344. (LC344#12), due 2005-10-06. 
?         2005-09-26: Jonathan to point this out when it gets 
                      Implemented (LC344#13), due 2005-10-06. 
?         2005-09-26: Sanjiva and Roberto to investigate defaulting with 
                      interfaceless bindings (LC333), due 2005-10,06 
?         2005-10-06: Marsh to investigate LC301 re .NET scenarios, 
                      due 2005-10-13. 
?         2005-10-06: Charlton to augment Hugo's proposal with 
                      parameters for all serializations, and syntax 
                      for suppressing parameters, due 2005-10-13. 
DONE [.3] 2005-10-13: Marsh to add RDF links to home page, 
                      due 2005-10-20. 
?         2005-10-13: Paul and Glen to review SPARQL draft, 
                      due 2005-10-20. 
?         2005-10-13: Tony to review I18N draft, due 2005-10-20. 
DONE [.4] 2005-10-13: Sanjiva to write up his style-based generic 
                      mapping in to media type (LC304), due 2005-10-20.  
DONE [.5] 2005-10-13: Hugo to write up URI's describing architected 
                      serialization format extensibility point 
                      (LC304), due 2005-10-20. 

Current Editorial Action Items 
?         2005-07-21: Arthur to add stable identifiers for each 
                      assertion, due 2005-09-26. 
?         2005-09-26: editors to fix the first paragraph of section 4 
                      ... does not make sense at all right now. 
                      (LC344#5), due 2005-10-06. 
?         2005-09-26: Editors to add a sentence saying {address} is 
                      optional because it could be defined by other 
                      means, such as an WS-A endpoint reference or maybe 
                      the scenario does not require an address. 
                      (LC344#13), due 2005-10-06. 
?         2005-09-26: Editors fix "Case Elements NOT cited" in 6.8.1.2 
                      header to be "Case of elements NOT cited" (LC345), 
                      due 2005-10-06. 

Note: Editorial AIs associated with LC issues recorded at [.2]. 

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/#actions <http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/#actions>  
[.2] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/5/lc-issues/actions_owner.html <http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/5/lc-issues/actions_owner.html>  
[.3] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/ <http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/>  
[.4] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2005Oct/0022.html <http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2005Oct/0022.html>  
[.5] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2005Oct/0028.html <http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2005Oct/0028.html> 
[.6] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2005Oct/0027.html <http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2005Oct/0027.html>  

--------------------------------------------------------------------- 
4.  Administrivia 
 a. Upcoming FTF Nov 9 (joint) 10-11 Tokyo 
    - Registration [.1] (now closed - any stragglers?) 
    - Logistics [.2] (hotel registration closes Oct 9th.) 
    - Wed event [.3] 
 b. RDF Mapping publication status [.4] 
 c. SPARQL review 
 d. I18N review 

[.1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-ws-desc/2005Jul/0018.html <http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-ws-desc/2005Jul/0018.html>  
[.2] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/addr/5/nov-f2f.html <http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/addr/5/nov-f2f.html>  
[.3] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-ws-desc/2005Oct/0002.html <http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-ws-desc/2005Oct/0002.html>  
[.4] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2005Sep/att-0046/wsdl-rdf.html__charset_ISO-8859-2 <http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2005Sep/att-0046/wsdl-rdf.html__charset_ISO-8859-2>  

----------------------------------------------------------------- 
5.  Editorial issues (as many as we can get through before xx:30) 
  - Issue LC354: typo in http://www.w3.org/TR/wsdl20/#rfc2119 <http://www.w3.org/TR/wsdl20/#rfc2119>  
                 keywords [.6] 
  - Issue LC355: Error in Part 2, BindingFault no decision [.7] 
  - Issue LC356: Comments on WSDL 2.0 (Core, Adjuncts, Soap 1.1 Binding) 
                 from the i18n core wg (2) [.8] 
  - Issue LC358: Comments on WSDL 2.0 (Core, Adjuncts, Soap 1.1 Binding) 
                 from the i18n core wg (4) [.9] 

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/5/lc-issues/#LC348 <http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/5/lc-issues/#LC348>  
[.2] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/5/lc-issues/#LC349 <http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/5/lc-issues/#LC349>  
[.3] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/5/lc-issues/#LC350 <http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/5/lc-issues/#LC350>  
[.4] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/5/lc-issues/#LC351 <http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/5/lc-issues/#LC351>  
[.5] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/5/lc-issues/#LC352 <http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/5/lc-issues/#LC352>  
[.6] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/5/lc-issues/#LC354 <http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/5/lc-issues/#LC354>  
[.7] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/5/lc-issues/#LC355 <http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/5/lc-issues/#LC355>  
[.8] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/5/lc-issues/#LC356 <http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/5/lc-issues/#LC356>  
[.9] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/5/lc-issues/#LC358 <http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/5/lc-issues/#LC358>  

----------------------------------------------------------------- 
6.  Issue LC301: {soap action} granularity [.1] 
  - Response [.2] to Jonathan's mail to the WS-A WG [.3]. 
  - Tom disagrees [.4] 
  - Waiting for .NET report from Jonathan. 

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/5/lc-issues/#LC301 <http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/5/lc-issues/#LC301>  
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2005Sep/0064.html <http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2005Sep/0064.html>  
[.3] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2005Sep/0003.html <http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2005Sep/0003.html>  
[.4] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2005Sep/0066.html <http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2005Sep/0066.html>  

----------------------------------------------------------------- 
7.  Issue LC304: Definition of a IANA media type token [.1] 
  - Proposal from Hugo [.2] 
  - Analysis re LC337 from Hugo [.3] 
  - Latest proposal from Hugo [.4]

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/5/lc-issues/#LC304 <http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/5/lc-issues/#LC304>  
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2005Sep/0024.html <http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2005Sep/0024.html>  
[.3] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2005Oct/0008.html <http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2005Oct/0008.html>  
[.4] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2005Oct/0028.html 

----------------------------------------------------------------- 
8.  Issue LC345: POST & application/x-www-form-urlencoded 
                 serialization [.1] 
  - Proposal from Hugo [.2] 
  - Waiting for proposal from Charlton. 

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/5/lc-issues/#LC345 <http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/5/lc-issues/#LC345>  
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2005Sep/0063.html <http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2005Sep/0063.html>  

----------------------------------------------------------------- 
9.  Splitting out the HTTP Binding 
  - At the FTF there was a groundswell of support for splitting the HTTP 
    binding out and running it through a third Last Call.  I said we'd 
    consider it at a telcon. 

----------------------------------------------------------------- 
10. Issue LC333: WSDL 2: binding defaults not component model 
                 properties? [.1] 
   - ACTION: Sanjiva and Roberto to investigate defaulting with 
             interfaceless bindings. 

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/5/lc-issues/#LC333 <http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/5/lc-issues/#LC333>  

----------------------------------------------------------------- 
11. Issue LC344: LC ISSUE: Editorial points [.1] 
  - Proposal (#5): 
    - remove "it is an error" 
    - copy the stuff from section 6: if things compose you might 
      get yourself in trouble 
    - styles are optional extensions 
    - ACTION: Arthur to draft above as a proposal to be able to 
              close this issue. 
    - ACTION: editors to look at sections 4.2 & 4.3 of part2 and 
              see whether the first sentences (paragraphs) are 
              no-ops. 
        DONE: Recommend dropping these sentences. [.2] 

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/5/lc-issues/#LC344 <http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/5/lc-issues/#LC344>  
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2005Oct/0009.html <http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2005Oct/0009.html>  

----------------------------------------------------------------- 
12. Issue LC353: What is a valid WSDL component model? [.1] 

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/5/lc-issues/#LC353 <http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/5/lc-issues/#LC353>  

----------------------------------------------------------------- 
13. Issue LC357: Comments on WSDL 2.0 (Core, Adjuncts, Soap 1.1 
                 Binding) from the i18n core wg (3) [.1] 

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/5/lc-issues/#LC357 <http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/5/lc-issues/#LC357>  

----------------------------------------------------------------- 
14. Issue LC359: binding fault property placement inconsistencies [.1] 

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/5/lc-issues/#LC359 <http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/5/lc-issues/#LC359>  
Received on Wednesday, 19 October 2005 15:09:46 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Monday, 7 December 2009 10:58:37 GMT