W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > www-ws-desc@w3.org > October 2005

Agenda: 13 October 2005 WS Description telcon

From: Jonathan Marsh <jmarsh@microsoft.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2005 14:12:42 -0700
Message-ID: <37D0366A39A9044286B2783EB4C3C4E85E3CC4@RED-MSG-10.redmond.corp.microsoft.com>
To: <www-ws-desc@w3.org>

0.  Dial in information (members only) [.1]:

See the public WG page [.2] for pointers to current documents and other information, and the private page [.3] for administrative matters.

If you have additions to the agenda, please email them to the WG list before the start of the telcon.

[.1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-ws-desc/2005Oct/0011.html
[.2] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/
[.3] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/admin

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Agenda

1.  Assign scribe.  Lucky minute taker for this week is one of:
      Jeff Mischkinsky, David Orchard, Dale Moberg, Umit Yalcinalp,
      Jean-Jacques Moreau, Rebecca Bergersen, Charlton Baretto, 
      Asir Vedamuthu, Roberto Chinnici

--------------------------------------------------------------------
2.  Approval of minutes:
  - Oct 6 telcon [.1].

[.1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2005Oct/att-0005/20051006-ws-desc-minutes.html

--------------------------------------------------------------------
3.  Review of Action items [.1].

?         2005-07-21: pauld to write a proposal for a working group
                      report for requirements for schema evolution
                      following closure of LC124 
DONE [.7] 2005-09-22: Marsh will look at section 5.6 in relation to IRI,
                      due 2005-09-26. 
?         2005-09-26: Arthur to figure out how to treat built-in schema
                      types. (LC315), due 2005-10-06. 
?         2005-09-26: DaveO to draft a response and send to the WG.
                      (LC335), due 2005-10-06. 
?         2005-09-26: Arthur to draft above as a proposal to be able to
                      close this issue (LC344#5), due 2005-10-06. 
DONE [.6] 2005-09-26: Hugo to look at sections 4.2 & 4.3 of part2 and
                      see whether the first sentences (paragraphs) are
                      no-ops. (LC344#5), due 2005-10-06. 
?         2005-09-26: Roberto to change the order of the union in the
                      schema in 4.1.2 to match the order in the prose.
                      (LC344#5), due 2005-10-06. 
?         2005-09-26: Arthur to look for simplification options for
                      comment 12 of 344. (LC344#12), due 2005-10-06. 
?         2005-09-26: Jonathan to point this out when it gets
                      Implemented (LC344#13), due 2005-10-06. 
?         2005-09-26: Sanjiva and Roberto to investigate defaulting with 
                      interfaceless bindings (LC333), due 2005-10,06 
DONE [.3] 2005-10-06: Marsh to reopen registration, due 2005-10-06. 
DONE [.4] 2005-10-06: Marsh to Aput the Description issue on the 
                      issues list, due 2005-10-13. 
DONE [.4] 2005-10-06: Marsh to track .6 on issues list, due 2005-10-13. 
?         2005-10-06: Marsh to investigate LC301 re .NET scenarios, 
                      due 2005-10-13. 
DONE [.5] 2005-10-06: Hugo to review his LC304 proposal in light of 
                      the LC337 resolution, due 2005-10-13. 
?         2005-10-06: Charlton to augment Hugo's proposal with 
                      parameters for all serializations, and syntax 
                      for suppressing parameters, due 2005-10-13.

Current Editorial Action Items
?         2005-07-21: Arthur to add stable identifiers for each
                      assertion, due 2005-09-26.
?         2005-09-26: editors to fix the first paragraph of section 4 
                      ... does not make sense at all right now. 
                      (LC344#5), due 2005-10-06.
?         2005-09-26: Editors to add a sentence saying {address} is
                      optional because it could be defined by other 
                      means, such as an WS-A endpoint reference or maybe
                      the scenario does not require an address. 
                      (LC344#13), due 2005-10-06.
?         2005-09-26: Editors fix "Case Elements NOT cited" in 6.8.1.2
                      header to be "Case of elements NOT cited" (LC345),
                      due 2005-10-06. 

Note: Editorial AIs associated with LC issues recorded at [.2].

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/#actions
[.2] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/5/lc-issues/actions_owner.html
[.3] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-ws-desc/2005Oct/0008.html
[.4] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/%7Echeckout%7E/2002/ws/desc/issues/wsd-issues-condensed.html
[.5] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2005Oct/0008.html
[.6] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2005Oct/0009.html
[.7] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2005Oct/0013.html

---------------------------------------------------------------------
4.  Administrivia
 a. Upcoming FTF Nov 9 (joint) 10-11 Tokyo
    - Registration [.1] (now closed - any stragglers?)
    - Logistics [.2] (hotel registration closes Oct 9th.)
    - Wed event [.3]
b. RDF Mapping publication status [.4]

[.1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-ws-desc/2005Jul/0018.html
[.2] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/addr/5/nov-f2f.html
[.3] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-ws-desc/2005Oct/0002.html
[.4] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2005Sep/att-0046/wsdl-rdf.html__charset_ISO-8859-2

-----------------------------------------------------------------
5.  Editorial issues (as many as we can get through before xx:30)
  - Issue LC348: Minor errors in adjunct schema [.1]
  - Issue LC349: editorial: part 2 section 2 beginning [.2]
  - Issue LC350: Editorial: Part 1, Introduction [.3]
  - Issue LC351: Editorial: Part 2, XML Namespace Table [.4] 
  - Issue LC352: Bug in RPC Signature Extension Schema [.5] 
  - Issue LC354: typo in http://www.w3.org/TR/wsdl20/#rfc2119 
                 keywords [.6]
  - Issue LC355: Error in Part 2, BindingFault no decision [.7]
  - Issue LC356: Comments on WSDL 2.0 (Core, Adjuncts, Soap 1.1 Binding)
                 from the i18n core wg (2) [.8]
  - Issue LC358: Comments on WSDL 2.0 (Core, Adjuncts, Soap 1.1 Binding)
                 from the i18n core wg (4) [.9]

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/5/lc-issues/#LC348
[.2] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/5/lc-issues/#LC349
[.3] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/5/lc-issues/#LC350
[.4] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/5/lc-issues/#LC351
[.5] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/5/lc-issues/#LC352
[.6] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/5/lc-issues/#LC354
[.7] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/5/lc-issues/#LC355
[.8] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/5/lc-issues/#LC356
[.9] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/5/lc-issues/#LC358

-----------------------------------------------------------------
6.  Issue LC301: {soap action} granularity [.1]
  - Response [.2] to Jonathan's mail to the WS-A WG [.3].
  - Tom disagrees [.4]
  - Waiting for .NET report from Jonathan.

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/5/lc-issues/#LC301
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2005Sep/0064.html
[.3] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2005Sep/0003.html
[.4] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2005Sep/0066.html

-----------------------------------------------------------------
7.  Issue LC304: Definition of a IANA media type token [.1]
  - Proposal from Hugo [.2]
  - Analysis re LC337 from Hugo [.3]

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/5/lc-issues/#LC304
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2005Sep/0024.html
[.3] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2005Oct/0008.html

-----------------------------------------------------------------
8.  Issue LC345: POST & application/x-www-form-urlencoded 
                 serialization [.1]
  - Proposal from Hugo [.2]
  - Waiting for proposal from Charlton.

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/5/lc-issues/#LC345
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2005Sep/0063.html

-----------------------------------------------------------------
9.  Splitting out the HTTP Binding
  - At the FTF there was a groundswell of support for splitting the HTTP
    binding out and running it through a third Last Call.  I said we'd
    consider it at a telcon.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
10. Issue LC329: editorial comments on WSDL 2 part 2 - adjuncts - 
                 last call draft? [.1]
  - Depends upon LC319 [.2], which is now closed.

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/5/lc-issues/#LC329
[.2] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/5/lc-issues/#LC319

-----------------------------------------------------------------
11. Issue LC342: Typos (Adjuncts) [.1]
  - Glen's proposal [.2]

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/5/lc-issues/#LC342
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2005Sep/0052.html

-----------------------------------------------------------------
12. Issue LC333: WSDL 2: binding defaults not component model
                 properties? [.1]
   - ACTION: Sanjiva and Roberto to investigate defaulting with 
             interfaceless bindings.

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/5/lc-issues/#LC333

-----------------------------------------------------------------
13. Issue LC344: LC ISSUE: Editorial points [.1]
  - Proposal (#5):
    - remove "it is an error" 
    - copy the stuff from section 6: if things compose you might 
      get yourself in trouble
    - styles are optional extensions 
    - ACTION: Arthur to draft above as a proposal to be able to 
              close this issue.
    - ACTION: editors to look at sections 4.2 & 4.3 of part2 and 
              see whether the first sentences (paragraphs) are 
              no-ops.
        DONE: Recommend dropping these sentences. [.2]

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/5/lc-issues/#LC344
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2005Oct/0009.html

-----------------------------------------------------------------
14. Issue LC347: Interface definition [.1]

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/5/lc-issues/#LC347

-----------------------------------------------------------------
15. Issue LC353: What is a valid WSDL component model? [.1]

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/5/lc-issues/#LC353

-----------------------------------------------------------------
16. Issue LC357: Comments on WSDL 2.0 (Core, Adjuncts, Soap 1.1 
                 Binding) from the i18n core wg (3) [.1]

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/5/lc-issues/#LC357

-----------------------------------------------------------------
17. Issue LC359: binding fault property placement inconsistencies [.1]

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/5/lc-issues/#LC359
Received on Wednesday, 12 October 2005 21:12:59 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Monday, 7 December 2009 10:58:37 GMT