RE: LC344#5: clarification needed

From: Rogers, Tony <Tony.Rogers@ca.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2005 11:40:48 +1000
To: "Sanjiva Weerawarana" <sanjiva@opensource.lk>
Cc: "Hugo Haas" <hugo@w3.org>, <www-ws-desc@w3.org>

My inner pedant feels a need to dispute this point, and I'm humouring it
today.

	"MEPs don't have a concept of inbound vs outbound"

If we consider the MEPs which have names like "in-only", "in-out",
"out-only", "out-in", it looks like they do involve the concepts of
in-bound and out-bound...

The way I manage to give some semblence of meaning to the "MEP with an
initial message" concept was, as I mentioned, to read it as "MEP with an
initial inbound message", which would mean "in-only" and "in-out", but
not "out-only" and "out-in".

Anyway, enough catering to my inner (loud-mouth) pedant. :-)

Tony Rogers
tony.rogers@ca.com