http binding

From: Sanjiva Weerawarana <sanjiva@wso2.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2005 17:49:28 +0600
To: www-ws-desc@w3.org

What happened with the discussion related to describing a service that
returns an image? I don't see a fix for that in the draft; am I missing
something? (Maybe it was decided against at the F2F :( ?)

Also, I think we're missing the most natural serialization format for
content that has binary stuff: multipart/related. Basically do the same
that XOP/MTOM does but without the SOAP envelope wrapping the main
payload. Having that would allow us to bind any SOAP payload to HTTP
without any loss of performance.

Sanjiva Weerawarana, Ph.D.
email: sanjiva@wso2.com; cell: +94 77 787 6880; fax: +1 509 691 2000

"Oxygenating the Web Service Platform."