WSDL and classes that instantiate an interface

From: Daniel Goodman <Daniel.Goodman@worcester.oxford.ac.uk>
Date: Mon, 30 May 2005 21:06:47 +0100
To: www-ws-desc@w3.org

Hi
Am not entirely sure that this is the right place to ask, so sorry if I
am in the wrong place. If you could point me to the right place that
would be grate.

My problem is I want to send trees which have a range of different types
of node as a SOAP document to a web service. The Trees are created by a
recursive data structure, so an interface which all trees must satisfy,
and a set of classes which implement this interface. Encoding this into
SOAP isn't a problem, but what I can't seem to find is how I can specify
this as a web service interface. I would expect that the is a way to
describe this in WSDL, but I can't find anywhere how to specify that
parameter X in a method is an interface which is implemented by A, B and
C. So allowing different data elements in A, B and C. ie. A is a leaf
node, and B and C are different types of branch nodes.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Yours

Daniel

--