W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > www-ws-desc@w3.org > May 2005

Agenda, 26 May 2005 WS Desc telcon

From: Jonathan Marsh <jmarsh@microsoft.com>
Date: Tue, 24 May 2005 09:50:48 -0700
Message-ID: <7DA77BF2392448449D094BCEF67569A507A594EB@RED-MSG-30.redmond.corp.microsoft.com>
To: "WS-Description WG" <www-ws-desc@w3.org>

0.  Dial in information (members only) [.1]:

See the public WG page [.2] for pointers to current documents and other
information, and the private page [.3] for administrative matters.

If you have additions to the agenda, please email them to the WG list
before the start of the telcon.

[.1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-ws-desc/2005May/0039.html
[.2] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/
[.3] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/admin

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Agenda

1.  Assign scribe.  Lucky minute taker for this week is one of:
      Jean-Jacques Moreau, Anish Karmarkar, Jeff Mischkinsky, 
      Ugo Corda, Roberto Chinnici, Glen Daniels, Bijan Parsia, 
      Tom Jordahl

--------------------------------------------------------------------
2.  Approval of minutes:
  - May 19 telcon [.1]

[.1]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2005May/att-0066/2005051
9-ws-desc-minutes.html

--------------------------------------------------------------------
3.  Review of Action items [.1].
?*        2004-11-11: Anish to propose additions to the test suite for 
                      the purpose of interoperability testing, 
                      due 2005-05-12.
?         2005-03-31: Marsh to take on (or recommend closing) Bijan's AI
                      to produce a component/property table via XSLT, 
                      due 2005-05-28.
?         2005-04-21: Pauld to craft, publish Common Schema structures
                      to WG for review for publication as WG Note, 
                      due 2005-05-28. 
DONE [.4] 2005-04-21: Hugo to continue to look at IRI style/URI style,
                      due 2005-05-26. (LC74a)
?*        2005-04-22: Amy to provide examples for the advanced section 
                      of the primer. Amy to send them to Kevin and test 
                      materials to Arthur, due 2005-05-19. (LC61c) 
DONE [.3] 2005-04-22: Amy to investigate a solution, due 2005-05-19
                      (LC74c)
?*        2005-05-05: Sanjiva to writeup a proposal for LC71, 
                      due 2005-05-26.
?*        2005-05-12: Glen to add scoping example to primer, 
                      due 2005-05-26.
?         2005-05-19: Umit to provide #none for Primer, due 2005-06-01. 
?         2005-05-19: DaveO to ressurect option to indicate GET more 
                      directly, due 2005-06-01.

Outstanding editorial work:
?         2005-04-28: Arthur to introduce specialized markup for 
                      components and properties.
DONE [.5] 2005-05-12: Primer editors to remove section 7.1.2 - we don't
                      define scoping rules for extension elements.

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/#actions
[.2] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/4/lc-issues/actions.html
[.3] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2005May/0068.html
[.4] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2005May/0077.html
[.5]
http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/ws/desc/wsdl20/wsdl20-primer.ht
ml#adv-extensibility

---------------------------------------------------------------------
4.  Administrivia
  a. Upcoming FTF dates:
   - May 31 - June 1 Berlin
     + Registration [.1].  Logistics [.2]
     + Draft agenda content:
       = deliverables status
       = Last Call issues (as listed below)
       = un-accepted comments
       = Async TF report
       = Common schema structures note
       = RDF mapping update
       = FTF schedule
   - Call for any proposals or issues not on the issues list 
     + Formal objections compromises are the only ones I know about.
  b. Alternative schema languages Note [.3]
  c. Zed, MathML, etc. [.4]

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/34041/wsdf2fberlin5/
[.2] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/addr/5/jun-f2f.html
[.3]
http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/ws/desc/wsdl20/altschemalangs.h
tml
[.4] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-ws-desc/2005May/0038.html

------------------------------------------------------------------
5.  Incoming Last Call Issues [.1].  Comments list [.2]
  - Binding fault defaulting? (Jacek) [.3]
  - Notational convention abuse (Jonathan, editorial) [.4]
  - WSDL 2.0 2005-05-10 Working Draft Discrepancies (editorial) [.5]

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/4/lc-issues/
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-desc-comments/
[.3] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2005May/0069.html
[.4] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2005May/0078.html
[.5] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2005May/0081.html

------------------------------------------------------------------
6.  Completed editorial issues (proposal to close)
  - LC97
  - LC126
  - LC129

------------------------------------------------------------------
7.  Issue LC75j: {safety} has a default, @safety doesn't [.1]
  - I believe this has been subsumed by LC97 [.2]?

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/4/lc-issues/issues.html#LC75j
[.2] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/4/lc-issues/issues.html#LC97

------------------------------------------------------------------
8.  Issue LC89j: Use namespaces to avoid local-name conflicts [.1]
  - Need a volunteer to make a proposal

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/4/lc-issues/issues.html#LC89j

------------------------------------------------------------------
9.  Issue LC74a: I18N Comments, WSDL 2.0 Part I (partial) (a) [.1]
  - URI Style vs. IRI Style
  - Proposal from Hugo [.2]

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/4/lc-issues/issues.html#LC74a
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2005May/0077.html

------------------------------------------------------------------
10. Issue LC80: XML Extension Components are not Described [.1]
  - Component designators for extensions [.2, .3], check with Hugo
    whether he has the editorial direction he needs.

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/4/lc-issues/issues.html#LC80
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2005May/0035.html
[.3] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2005May/0057.html

------------------------------------------------------------------
11. Issue LC74c: I18N Comments, WSDL 2.0 Part I (partial) (c) [.1]
  - Proposal from Amy [.2]

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/4/lc-issues/issues.html#LC74c
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2005May/0068.html

------------------------------------------------------------------
12. Issue LC124: Support of evolution of messages described in Schema
                 1.0 [.1]
  - Start sketching out problem and solution spaces.

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/4/lc-issues/issues.html#LC124

------------------------------------------------------------------
13. Issue LC117: Problem with Service References:
               elementFormDefault="qualified" prevents restriction [.1]
  - Proposal from Umit [.2], no response from WS-A WG.

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/4/lc-issues/issues.html#LC117
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2005May/0062.html

------------------------------------------------------------------
14. MEP-related issues:
  - LC79: Make sure in-only mep is supported in wsdl soap12 binding [.1]
    + Need volunteer to check, perhaps make a proposal.
  - LC101: message level binding? [.2]
    + Is there interest in seeing a concrete proposal?
  - LC102: What is the SOAP MEP for In-only [.3]
    + Is there interest in seeing a concrete proposal?

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/4/lc-issues/issues.html#LC79
[.2] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/4/lc-issues/issues.html#LC101
[.3] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/4/lc-issues/issues.html#LC102

------------------------------------------------------------------
15. Operation Name Mapping issues
  - Review ONMR rewrite as Best Practice [.1]
  - Issue LC82: Operation Name Mapping Requirement Bug [.2]
    + Need volunteer to make a concrete proposal.
  - Issue LC84b: Operation Name Mapping Requirement has the wrong
                 granularity [.3]
    + Proposals from Hugo [.4], Sanjiva [.5], defer to FTF.
  - Issue LC84c: Operation Name Mapping Requirement doesn't go far 
                 enough [.6]
    + Need volunteer to investigate.

[.1]
http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/ws/desc/wsdl20/wsdl20.html#Serv
ice_OperationName
[.2] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/4/lc-issues/issues.html#LC82
[.3] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/4/lc-issues/issues.html#LC84b
[.4] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2005Feb/0035.html
[.5] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2005Apr/0134.html
[.6] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/4/lc-issues/issues.html#LC84bc

------------------------------------------------------------------
16. Issue LC75c: Remove {safety} property [.1]
  - Options:
  1) Status quo
  2) Remove safety
  3) Proposal from Umit to move safety to an extension [.2]
  4) Expect GET proposal from DaveO

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/4/lc-issues/issues.html#LC75c
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2005May/0059.html

------------------------------------------------------------------
17. Issue LC71: default interface/operation/@pattern [.1]
  - Awaiting proposal from Sanjiva.

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/4/lc-issues/issues.html#LC71

-----------------------------------------------------------------
18. Proposals addressing formal objections.
  - Operation Name Mapping (Sanjiva) [.1]
  - F&P (Glen) [.2]

[.1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2005Apr/0134.html
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2005Apr/0069.html

------------------------------------------------------------------
19. Issue LC75x: Complete or remove App D [.1]
  - Some initial options:
  Option 0: Close issue with no action
  Option 1: Remove app D
  Option 2: Retitle and edit to emphasize it's far from exhaustive
  Option 3: Strip down to D.4 only.
  Option 4: Move to primer (includes option 2)
  Option 5: Add exhaustive material.

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/4/lc-issues/issues.html#LC75x

------------------------------------------------------------------
20. Issue LC98: {soap mep} property and SOAP 1.1 Binding [.1]
  - Issue contains a proposal

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/4/lc-issues/issues.html#LC98

------------------------------------------------------------------
21. Issue LC114: In-Multi-Out MEP [was "WSDL 2.0 specification"] [.1]
  - Issue text lays out several options

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/4/lc-issues/issues.html#LC114
Received on Tuesday, 24 May 2005 16:51:01 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Monday, 7 December 2009 10:58:36 GMT