Re: Why do we have a component model?

On Mar 7, 2005, at 4:01 AM, Jean-Jacques Moreau wrote:

> The main justification for the component model I can remember is that
> it cleanly deals with import/include, i.e. it extends the Infoset
> across files. I'm sure they are others.

Yes, this was explained at the F2F. I kinda sorta knew this but forgot.
One possible course of action is to document these justifications so
that people coming to the spec cold understand *why* the component
model is there.

> I too am quite worried by the complexity of the current spec, not just
> as the editor.

It is unclear at the moment (to me) if it is possible to reduce the
complexity of the spec without reducing the complexity of WSDL 2.0
itself.

Well, that's overstrong. I'm sure there are tweaks and such. But it's
quite open whether moving away from the component model would *really*
simplify the presentation all that much.

Cheers,
Bijan Parsia.