W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > www-ws-desc@w3.org > June 2005

Agenda, 16 June 2005 WS Desc telcon

From: Jonathan Marsh <jmarsh@microsoft.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2005 16:13:37 -0700
Message-ID: <7DA77BF2392448449D094BCEF67569A507E305D2@RED-MSG-30.redmond.corp.microsoft.com>
To: "WS-Description WG" <www-ws-desc@w3.org>

0.  Dial in information (members only) [.1]:

See the public WG page [.2] for pointers to current documents and other
information, and the private page [.3] for administrative matters.

If you have additions to the agenda, please email them to the WG list
before the start of the telcon.

[.1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-ws-desc/2005Jun/0030.html
[.2] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/
[.3] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/admin

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Agenda

1.  Assign scribe.  Lucky minute taker for this week is one of:
      Jean-Jacques Moreau, Jeff Mischkinsky, Bijan Parsia, 
      Kevin Liu, David Orchard, Tony Rogers,
      Dale Moberg, Hugo Haas, Rebecca Bergersen, Amy Lewis

--------------------------------------------------------------------
2.  Approval of minutes:
  - June 9 telcon [.1]

[.1]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2005Jun/att-0015/2005060
9-ws-desc-minutes.html

--------------------------------------------------------------------
3.  Review of Action items [.1].  Editorial actions at [.2].
?*        2004-11-11: Anish to propose additions to the test suite for 
                      the purpose of interoperability testing, 
                      due 2005-05-12.
DONE      2005-03-31: Marsh to take on (or recommend closing) Bijan's AI
                      to produce a component/property table via XSLT, 
                      due 2005-05-28.
?         2005-04-21: Pauld to craft, publish Common Schema structures
                      to WG for review for publication as WG Note, 
                      due 2005-06-28. 
?*        2005-04-22: Amy to provide examples for the advanced section 
                      of the primer. Amy to send them to Kevin and test 
                      materials to Arthur, due 2005-06-09. (LC61c) 
?*        2005-05-12: Glen to add scoping example to primer, 
                      due 2005-06-01.
?*        2005-05-19: Umit to provide #none for Primer, due 2005-06-01. 
?*        2005-05-31: Umit to incorporate these three points into new
                      text - 1) it's about the message, dammit, not the 
                      operation, 2) it's context-dependent, 3) for the 
                      contexts which we define as common, here are the 
                      things to be thinking about (unique GEDs, etc), 
                      due ?. 
?*        2005-06-01: Glen to formulate concrete async requirement 
                      for CG, due ?.
?*        2005-06-09: Hugo to make a registration page for the July FTF,
                      due ?. 
DONE [.3] 2005-06-09: Arthur to submit errors found in Primer, 
                      due 2005-06-16. 
DONE [.5] 2005-06-09: DaveO to take another stab about rewriting the 
                      proposal for LC124, due 2005-06-16.

Outstanding editorial work:
DONE [.4] 2005-04-28: Arthur to introduce specialized markup for 
                      components and properties.
?         2005-06-01: Soap 1.1 binding editors to make MUST and 
                      SHOULD lower case in the Note on in-only MEPs
?         2005-06-09: Arthur to remove service reference from Part 1
                      (add new extension attributes). 
DONE      2005-06-09: Arthur to remove "processor" in Part 1. 
DONE      2005-06-09: Roberto to look at LC76a (including Dbooth's 
                      message) and come back if we shouldn't implement 
                      the suggested fixes.

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/#actions
[.2] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/4/lc-issues/actions.html
[.3] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-ws-desc/2005Jun/0024.html
[.4] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-ws-desc/2005Jun/0022.html
[.5] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2005Jun/0016.html

---------------------------------------------------------------------
4.  Administrivia
  a. Upcoming FTF dates:
   - WS-A requests more time for their FTF [.1]:
     + July 20 through July 21 (status quo)
     + noon July 20 through July 21
     + noon July 20 through noon July 22
     + July 21 through July 22
  b. Next Round Publication details:
   - Primer Last Call
     + Actions on Amy, Glen, Umit (2)
     + New issues from Arthur [.2, .3], DaveO [.4]
     + Paul's versioning text incorporated? [.5] DaveO's examples [.6]
   - Core (~4 outstanding ed items)
   - Adjuncts (no outstanding ed items)
   - SOAP 1.1 Binding (1 outstanding ed item)
   - Alternative schema languages Note [.7]

[.1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-ws-desc/2005Jun/0029.html
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2005Jun/0020.html
[.3] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2005Jun/0021.html
[.4] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2005Jun/0022.html
[.5] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2005Jun/0017.html
[.6] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2005Jun/0024.html
[.7]
http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/ws/desc/wsdl20/altschemalangs.h
tml

------------------------------------------------------------------
5.  Incoming Last Call Issues [.1].  Comments list [.2]
  - none

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/4/lc-issues/

------------------------------------------------------------------
6.  Completed editorial issues (proposal to close)
  - LC122: Part 2 editorial issue: "binding" versus "binding extension"
           [.1]
  - LC131?

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/4/lc-issues/issues.html#LC122

------------------------------------------------------------------
7.  Issue LC124: Support of evolution of messages described in Schema
                 1.0 [.1]
  - Continue discussion.  Dave O's options [.2]

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/4/lc-issues/issues.html#LC124
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2005Jun/0016.html

-----------------------------------------------------------------
8.  Alternative Schema Language issues [.1]
  - examples of non-XML type system extension?
  - multiple definitions of the same type/element
  - discussion of operations with types that span multiple languages

[.1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2005May/0083.html

------------------------------------------------------------------
9.  Unaddressed LC comments:
  - LC5a: QA Review on WSDL 2.0 Part 1, intro and conformance 
          issues (a) [.1]
          Objection [.2]  Jonathan to provide more detail.
  - LC5f: QA Review on WSDL 2.0 Part 1, intro and conformance 
          issues (f) [.3]
          Objection [.2]
  - LC9:  How does the Operation Name Mapping Requirement [.4]
          Unclear whether there is an objection.
  - LC51: Editorial last call review comments [.5]
          Objection [.6]
  - LC73: Raising an ugly issue again [.7]
          Objection [.8]
  - LC75f: Allow extension attributes on RPC local element 
           children [.9]
           Objection [.10]  Jonathan is looking into this.
  - LC75v: Remove "Processor Conformance" [.11]
           Objection [.10]  Fixed.
  - LC76a: MEPs should support addressing mechanism [.12]
           Objection [.10]  Roberto is looking into this.
  - LC76c: WSDL 2.0 LC Comments (Part 2) (c) [.13]
           Objection [.10]
  - LC76d: Replace ADD with header construct [.14]
           Objection [.10]

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/4/lc-issues/issues.html#LC5a
[.2] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/4/lc-issues/issues.html#LC5f
[.3]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-desc-comments/2005May/0020
.html
[.4] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/4/lc-issues/issues.html#LC9
[.5] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/4/lc-issues/issues.html#LC51
[.6]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-desc-comments/2005May/0021
.html
[.7] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/4/lc-issues/issues.html#LC73
[.8]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-desc-comments/2005May/0020
.html
[.9] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/4/lc-issues/issues.html#LC75f
[.10]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-desc-comments/2005May/0091
.html
[.11] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/4/lc-issues/issues.html#LC75v
[.12] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/4/lc-issues/issues.html#LC76a
[.13] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/4/lc-issues/issues.html#LC76c
[.14] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/4/lc-issues/issues.html#LC76d

-----------------------------------------------------------------
10. Proposals addressing formal objections.
  - F&P (Glen) [.1]

[.1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2005Apr/0069.html
Received on Tuesday, 14 June 2005 23:14:02 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Monday, 7 December 2009 10:58:36 GMT