Clarification of Interface {interface operations}

From: John Kaputin (gmail) <jakaputin@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2005 15:20:52 +0100
To: www-ws-desc@w3.org

Part 1 Core Language, Section 2.2.1 The Interface Component

This section states:

The set of operations available in an interface includes all the
operations defined by the interfaces it extends, along with any
operations it directly defines.

which I interpret to mean {interface operations} contains the
operations of the interface and of its extended interfaces.

However, the following statements in the same section seem to suggest otherwise:

The operations directly defined on an interface are referred to as the
declared operations of the interface.
{interface operations} OPTIONAL. A set of declared Interface Operation
 components.

which I interpret to mean {interface operations} contains only the
operations directly defined (i.e. declared) on the interface, but not
the operations of any extended interfaces.

I'd like to confirm which interpretation is correct.

Thanks.
John Kaputin.