W3C

Web Services Description Working Group telcon

14 Jul 2005

See also: IRC log

Attendees

Present:
Rebecca Bergersen, IONA Technologies
Allen Brookes, Rogue Wave Software
Roberto Chinnici, Sun Microsystems
Glen Daniels, Sonic Software
Paul Downey, British Telecommunications
Tom Jordahl, Macromedia
Anish Karmarkar, Oracle
Jacek Kopecky, DERI Innsbruck at the Leopold-Franzens-Universitšt Innsbruck, Austria
Amelia Lewis, TIBCO
Kevin Canyang Liu, SAP
Arthur Ryman, IBM
Umit Yalcinalp, SAP
Regrets
Youenn Fablet, Canon
Dale Moberg, Cyclone Commerce
Jean-Jacques Moreau, Canon
David Orchard, BEA Systems
Tony Rogers, Computer Associates
Chair
Marsh
Scribe
Rebecca

Contents


<sanjiva> hi guys .. I'm coming to the call but will be a bit late .. have to have a shower after my badminton session and don't want to stink up the meeting

<scribe> Scribe: Rebecca

Jonathan: SHort meeting since holiday in France
... Minutes of last meeting accepted

DONE      2005-04-21: Pauld to craft, publish Common Schema structures
                      to WG for review for publication as WG Note,
                      due FTF.
[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/#actions

Jonathan: Paul published link to common schema structures draft

Pauld: Mapping section incomplete

PaulD: request people read it for discussion at next week's f2f
... no need to track it as an AI but really requests feedback

<pauld> http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/ws/desc/schema-patterns/xml-schema-patterns.html?content-type=text/html;%20charset=utf-8

?*        2005-06-16: Amy to provide test cases for MEPs not described
                      in Part 2, due 2005-07.
                      
[.2] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/4/lc-issues/actions.html

Jonathan: Amy (AI) to provide test cases for MIPs not in part two

Amy: will do for F2F

DONE [.3] 2005-07-06: Jonathan to come up with concrete proposal for 75f

?*        2005-07-06: Bijan to add text to alt schema examples, 
                      due 2005-07-13
DONE [.4] 2005-07-06: JMarsh and alewis to come up with a proposal for 
                      a security consideration section that would also 
                      address this issue 
DONE [.5] 2005-07-06: DOrchard to provide an explanation of mustUnderstand 
                      on wsoap:header for the primer

[.3] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2005Jul/0045.html
[.4] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2005Jul/0071.html
[.5] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2005Jul/0070.html

Jonathan: 75F discussion took place
... Bijan AI still open
... reviews attendees at F2F
... data appears correct
... discuss issue dealing with syntax tree btwn core and primer : content model of pipe
... one or two editorial fixes as possible response
... Arthur suggestion about order is one; XSD extensions is another

Arthur: suggests multiple documentation (not description elements)
... use same definition in both core and primer

<scribe> ACTION: Arthur will make editorial change to both [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2005/07/14-ws-desc-minutes.html#action01]

Jonathan: transitive import issue
... did we just decide that our design was corrrect?

Kevin: received email requesting 'import' term be added back to primer

Arthur: against that
... don't delay publication because of this

<scribe> ACTION: Arthur to propose or fix/improve description of import in primer [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2005/07/14-ws-desc-minutes.html#action02]

Jonathan: order of top level elements. Claim is that text in primer describes relative order of top level arguments but unable to do so in schema.
... core spec not as clear as could be

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2005Jul/0022.html

<pauld> liked amy's proposal for comments in the schema

Amy: proposed text
... will email to WG

Jonathan: is spec clear about order of top level elements?

Arthur: spec very clear
... commentor blaiming schema but didn't understand subtlety

Amy: add comment to schema saying additional

<scribe> ACTION: Roberto find comments Amy proposed to schema and added them [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2005/07/14-ws-desc-minutes.html#action03]

<Marsh> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2005Jul/0070.html

<Marsh> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2005Jul/0060.html

Jonathan: Link is to agenda review doc
... 1st day for finishing current draft - 6 or 7 outstanding comments + LC124
... hope will resolve and can publish alternative schema langs doc and core spec
... 2nd day: common schema structures, RDF mapping doc - technical discussion
... discuss going into next stage - ramp up on what we want to do

Issues

Jonathan: LC75f - have proposal

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2005Jul/0045.html

Jonathan: seems ok
... LC76C and 76D - also have proposals that look good
... LC91 and LC96: Anybody want to look at proposals mmore closely? Have I raised their visibility sufficiently?
... can decide it's nopt objection and can be ignore, could be addressed as editorial, etc
... LC84b - DaveO doesn't like way resolved - thinks error in design of WSDL
... no proposal included in Dave's mail
... Has to do with operation name mapping. Anybody interested in taking another look at this?
... no takers - will put on f2f agenda but need proposal in advance of f2f to be considered
... LC72 - new one not discussed before objection; came with proposal
... fault not described; request people comment before f2f

<scribe> ACTION: PaulD to roll up LC124 [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2005/07/14-ws-desc-minutes.html#action04]

Jonathan: Common Schema Structures: Paul working on and has asked for review
... Paul chose a convention and wants review

Pauld: mail last year, plus added extensibility and inheritance
... am I going in right direction? Will wrap up mapping secrtion

Jonathan: I'm really worried about RDF mapping
... need frank discussion on whetgher possible to complete this deliverable (with Bijan, if possible)
... no first public working draft yet
... can't put together a schedule until it advances

Pauld: request other resources from outside

Jonathan: will have discussion next Thursday

Arthur: wish for me to request IBM resources?

Pauld: BT also interested

Jonathan: talk more at F2F

<sanjiva> +1 Jonathan that it doesn't make sense for the group as a whole to publish something which isn't really the work of the group

Jonathan: Bijan may be at 2nd day of f2f

<pauld> was discussed at the Semantic Web Services workshop, Mark Nottingham cited the WSDL RDF mapping as a missing piece of the puzzle and questioned why there wasn't more interest

Jonathan: test assertion doc and test suite - need more concentration of details

<pauld> http://www.w3.org/2005/04/FSWS/minutes/session4.html#item04

Arthur: would like to add special markup
... will make proposal and maybe prototype for f2f

jonathan: need matrix of features and assertions
... need idea of implementation matrix for supporting optional and required features

Arthur: have doc that dewscribes what goes in test suite
... will lead session next week
... good if we start compiling list of potential implementations we can start working with?

Jonathan: awesome to base exit criteria on known implementations

<Marsh> ACTION: Marsh to send a mail flushing out implementations. [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2005/07/14-ws-desc-minutes.html#action05]

Jonathan: may be stuff already in record but might be stale; will add topic to agenda to discuss
... any other business for next week's agenda?

<Arthur> here's the test suite content proposal: http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/ws/desc/test-suite/TestSuiteContents.html?rev=1.2&content-type=text/html;%20charset=iso-8859-1

(Sanjiva volunteered by tom to do more work!)

Summary of Action Items

[NEW] ACTION: Arthur to propose or fix/improve description of import in primer [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2005/07/14-ws-desc-minutes.html#action02]
[NEW] ACTION: Arthur will make editorial change to both [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2005/07/14-ws-desc-minutes.html#action01]
[NEW] ACTION: Marsh to send a mail flushing out implementations. [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2005/07/14-ws-desc-minutes.html#action05]
[NEW] ACTION: PaulD to roll up LC124 [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2005/07/14-ws-desc-minutes.html#action04]
[NEW] ACTION: Roberto find comments Amy proposed to schema and added them [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2005/07/14-ws-desc-minutes.html#action03]
 
[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.126 (CVS log)
$Date: 2005/07/14 16:57:13 $