Re: Notational conventions

From: Arthur Ryman <ryman@ca.ibm.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2005 17:31:23 -0400
To: "Jonathan Marsh" <jmarsh@microsoft.com>
Cc: www-ws-desc@w3.org, www-ws-desc-request@w3.org

Some of our schemas do show the location of extension elements (like the
update I recently made for <types>). I am in favour of simplifying the
pseudo-schemas by removing the extension points and adding the statement,
and volunteer to do this.

Arthur Ryman,
Rational Desktop Tools Development

phone: +1-905-413-3077, TL 969-3077
assistant: +1-905-413-2411, TL 969-2411
fax: +1-905-413-4920, TL 969-4920
mobile: +1-416-939-5063, text: 4169395063@fido.ca
intranet: http://labweb.torolab.ibm.com/DRY6/

"Jonathan Marsh" <jmarsh@microsoft.com>
Sent by: www-ws-desc-request@w3.org
07/26/2005 05:12 PM

Notational conventions

The WS-A WG has added a statement "Pseudo schemas do not include
extensibility points for brevity" to their notational conventions [1].
Except for that new statement, that text is identical to ours [2]. I
believe it would be beneficial to add the statement to our notational
conventions section(s) as well.

I propose this be treated editorial and done prior to LC publication.
But if it doesn't happen we'll track it as an editorial issue during the
next LC.