FW: Notice of withdrawal from ws-description formal objection

From: Bergersen, Rebecca <Rebecca.Bergersen@iona.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2005 08:34:35 -0400
To: "WS-Description WG" <www-ws-desc@w3.org>

  _____

From: Bergersen, Rebecca
Sent: Tuesday, July 19, 2005 12:09 PM
To: Jonathan Marsh; Hugo Haas
Cc: Bergersen, Rebecca; Sakala, Adinarayana; Newcomer, Eric
Subject: Notice of withdrawal from ws-description formal objection

 Dear Jonathan and Hugo,

This is to inform you of our withdrawal from the formal objection,
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Jul/0371.html,
raised by HP, Sonic, Sun and IONA when WS-Description Issue 134:
"Proposal for adding Compositors",
http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/2/06/issues.html#x112 was closed with no
action on 5 March, 2004. We see WS-Policy as having progressed
sufficiently to now provide a viable approach to the problem of
asserting the capabilities of a Web service.  We further feel the issue
of compositors is better addressed within the context of policies than
within WSDL.  Finally, our concerns about WS-Policy existing outside of
the standards process have been greatly ameliorated by the change in the
IP statement in the latest draft of WS-Policy, in which the
specification authors clearly state that they will provide royalty-free
terms and conditions to specification implementers.  We are therefore
withdrawing from the above-mentioned objection.

Regards,

Rebecca Bergersen
Principal Architect, Middleware Standards
rebecca.bergersen@iona.com
IONA Technologies
200 West Street Waltham, MA 02451 USA
Tel: (781) 902-8265