Question re: WSDL 2.o and (schema) xs:import

From: RDBMS <RDBMS@aol.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2005 00:32:23 +0000
To: <www-ws-desc@w3.org>
Cc: <dbooth@hp.com>
I've been doing some research on the draft of WSDL 2.0 and found the WSDL 2.0 editorial note re: "xs:import not being transitive".

I am somewhat concerned as xs:import (both cascading through and across multiple target namespaces) is both a valuable and critical capability of XML Schema.

The ability to import a cascading chain of namespace qualified resources from multiple schemas (and multiple targetNamespaces) is core to reuse of modular schema artifacts.

I am not sure why this capability would be eliminated from WSDL ?

I've not found further annotation as to discussion or possible resolution of the question and was hoping that you might provide additional insight or perspective, or possibly help to influence the WSDL 2.0 to consider how important this capability is.

Thank you !
James Bean
RDBMS@aol.com