Re: Proposed Changes to the Interface Component, Features and Properties

Arthur,

On Fri, 28 Jan 2005 16:44:37 -0500
Arthur Ryman <ryman@ca.ibm.com> wrote:
> The proposal makes the Component Model more self consistent and helps
> to  make the formal specification clearer.

[snip]
> We really have two concepts here. One is the children Feature and
> Property  components, and the other is the in-scope Feature and
> Property components.  This is very analogous to namespace attributes
> in the Infoset. In Infoset  there are two properties:
> 1. [namespace attributes]
> 2. [in-scope namespaces]
>
> The [in-scope namespaces] are computed from the [namespace attributes]
> of  the element and the [in-scope namespaces] of the parent.

Thanks, this helps a lot.  All right, then corresponding {in-scope
features} and {in-scope properties} properties would include the
contents of {features} and {properties}, correct?

I think I can live with this formulation, especially as we can point at
the infoset spec as an example.  Objections withdrawn.

(I really should have noticed [namespace attributes] from the start,
shouldn't I?  Please accept my apologies)

Senior Architect
TIBCO/Extensibility, Inc.