Proposed Resolution for LC75s and LC91

From: Asir Vedamuthu <asirv@webmethods.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2005 06:19:51 -0800
To: "'www-ws-desc@w3.org'" <www-ws-desc@w3.org>

Issues

http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/4/lc-issues/#LC75s
http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/4/lc-issues/#LC91

"Section 3.1 and 3.2 describe rather intricate rules for which schema
components are visible to the WSDL.  A table or diagram would help greatly
in communicating this information."

Discussion

LC75s and LC91 are the same. Reading through Section 3.1 and 3.2, I believe
the rules are correct. But, the prose is complicated. Let me quote them:

Section 3.1.1 [1] - "Note that only components defined in the schema itself
and components included by it via xs:include are available to WSDL.
Specifically, components that the schema imports via xs:import are NOT
available to WSDL."

Section 3.1.2 [2] - "Note that only components defined in the schema itself
and components included by it via xs:include are available to WSDL.
Specifically components that the schema imports via xs:import are NOT
available to WSDL."

Proposed Resolution

Accept the proposed re-wording from the XML Schema WG,

Section 3.1.1 - "Note that only components in the imported namespace are
available for reference in the WSDL document."

Section 3.1.2 - "Note that only components in the namespace corresponding to
the targetNamespace attribute of the embedded schema element are available
for reference in the WSDL document."

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/2004/WD-wsdl20-20040803/#import-xsd
[2] http://www.w3.org/TR/2004/WD-wsdl20-20040803/#embed-xsd

Asir S Vedamuthu