W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > www-ws-desc@w3.org > January 2005

Agenda, 27 January 2004 WS Desc telcon

From: Jonathan Marsh <jmarsh@microsoft.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2005 15:44:58 -0800
Message-ID: <7DA77BF2392448449D094BCEF67569A50654356B@RED-MSG-30.redmond.corp.microsoft.com>
To: <www-ws-desc@w3.org>

0.  Dial in information (members only) [.1]:

See the public WG page [.2] for pointers to current documents and other
information, and the private page [.3] for administrative matters.

If you have additions to the agenda, please email them to the WG list
before the start of the telcon.

[.1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-ws-desc/2005Jan/0035.html
[.2] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/
[.3] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/admin

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Agenda

1.  Assign scribe.  Lucky minute taker for this week is one of:
      Amy Lewis, Asir Vedamuthu, Bijan Parsia, Sanjiva Weerawarana, 
      Jacek Kopecky, Prasad Yendluri, David Booth, Arthur Ryman,
      Kevin Liu, Youenn Fablet, Roberto Chinnici, Allen Brookes

--------------------------------------------------------------------
2.  Approval of minutes:
  - Jan 13 [.1]
  - FTF minutes forthcoming...

[.1]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2005Jan/att-0025/2005011
3-wsdl.html

--------------------------------------------------------------------
3.  Review of Action items [.1].  Editorial actions [.2].

?         2004-04-01: Marsh will get schema tf going.
?         2004-09-02: Bijan to create stylesheet to generate a
                      table of components and properties.
?         2004-09-16: Editors to move App C to RDF Mapping spec, 
                      except the frag-id which will move 
                      within media-type reg appendix.
?         2004-09-16: Editors to fix paragraph 6-9 of section 
                      2.1.1 moved into 2.1.2
                      which talks about the syntax.
?         2004-10-14: Editors to add a statement like: 
                      The Style property may constrain both 
                      input and output, however a particular 
                      style may constrain in only one 
                      direction. In Section 2.4.1.1 of Part 1.
                      (subsumed by LC21 resolution?)
?         2004-11-09: DBooth and Roberto to describe 
                      option 2 (remove definition of processor 
                      conformance, write up clear guidelines 
                      to developers) (LC5f)
?         2004-11-09: DaveO to work on text for option 
                      3 (redefining conformance in terms 
                      of building the component model) 
                      (LC5f)
?         2004-11-09: DaveO will recast the @compatibleWith 
                      proposal using an extension namespace. 
                      (LC54)
?         2004-11-10: Sanjiva to write the rationale for 
                      rejecting LC75a
?         2004-11-10: Glen will post an e-mail describing 
                      the compromise proposal on formal objections.
?         2004-11-10: Editor remove ambiguity if it exists
?         2004-11-10: Sanjiva will write up this proposal 
                      and email it to the list as a response 
                      to the objection.
?         2004-11-11: Anish to propose additions to the 
                      test suite for the purpose of 
                      interoperability testing.
?         2004-11-11: Editors of part 2 and 3 to add text 
                      about WSDLMEP and SOAP mep mapping that 
                      points to section 2.3 of part 3 (LC48b) 
?         2004-11-18: DBooth to propose text to clarify that 
                      a service must implement everything in 
                      its description.
?         2004-11-18: Mini-task force to propose one or two 
                      proposals for the group for LC5f.
?         2004-12-02: DBooth to draft note clarifying that 
                      (a) optional extension can change the 
                      semantics; and (b) that if semantics are 
                      going to change at runtime, it should be 
                      indicated in the WSDL 
?         2004-12-03: Glen and Asir to help craft the specfic text 
                      for the editors.
?         2004-12-03: Glen to send example on feature stuff for primer
?         2004-12-03: Hugo or JMarsh to write up schema group remarks
?         2004-12-16: Part 3 Editors to update the HTTP binding with 
                      one of the above versions of text
?         2005-01-06: MTD Editors to add note saying content-type
                      is not sufficient, information to be 
                      provided via other mechanism, for 
                      example xsi:type"
?         2005-01-06: MTD editors implement proposal 2 for issue 
                      260.
?         2005-01-06: Umit? to respond to Larry, "not dynamic, 
                      other solutions equally bad, not 
                      recommendation track, if problems
                      happy to consider those"
[AIs from FTF not yet included.]

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/#actions
[.2] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/4/lc-issues/actions.html

---------------------------------------------------------------------
4.  Administrivia
  a. Good Standing:
   - In danger: IONA, Agfa-Gevaert, SeeBeyond, DERI, Telecordia, HP,
                Education.au Ltd.*, CA*
                (* telcon attendance will restore Good Standing)
  b. Mar 3,4 Boston [.1]
  c. Review of WS-Chor LC [.2]

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35125/TP2005/
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-ws-desc/2004Dec/0029.html

------------------------------------------------------------------
5.  Media Type Description issues [.1]
 a. Issue 272 Architectural issues [.2]
    - Awaiting more examples from Henry.

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/2/06/issues.html#detailList
[.2]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-media-types/2004Nov/0011.h
tml

------------------------------------------------------------------
6.  Last Call Issues [.1].  Comments list [.2]
    TBD

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/4/lc-issues/

------------------------------------------------------------------
7. Include/Import issues
    - Issue LC52a: Last call review comments (a) [.1]
    - Issue LC60: Can multiple inline schemas have same targetNS? [.2]
    - Issue LC74: Idle question [.3]
    - Issue LC75s: WSDL 2.0 LC Comments (s) [.4]
    - Issue LC75t: WSDL 2.0 LC Comments (t) [.5]
    - Issue LC75w: WSDL 2.0 LC Comments (w) [.6]

 [.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/4/lc-issues/#LC52a
 [.2] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/4/lc-issues/#LC60
 [.3] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/4/lc-issues/#LC74
 [.4] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/4/lc-issues/#LC75s
 [.5] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/4/lc-issues/#LC75t
 [.6] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/4/lc-issues/#LC75w

------------------------------------------------------------------
8. Other issues if time allows (ha!)
Received on Wednesday, 26 January 2005 23:58:01 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Monday, 7 December 2009 10:58:34 GMT