Issue 261 (Allow expecteMediaType to contain '*') Proposed Resolution

From: Yalcinalp, Umit <umit.yalcinalp@sap.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2005 01:36:45 +0100
To: <www-ws-desc@w3.org>

We believe that LC261 [1] is an editorial issue as our intention is to
allow the values permissible by the production rules only, i.e. */*,
image/*, etc.

To clarify the intent we propose to change the following paragraph from:

{When the expectedMediaType annotation attribute has a wildcard ("*") or
a list of acceptable media types, the schema SHOULD require the
contentType attribute to be present.
}

{When the expectedMediaType annotation attribute value contains a
wildcard ("*") or a list of acceptable media types separated by commas,
the schema SHOULD require the contentType attribute to be present.
}

--umit

[1]
http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/%7Echeckout%7E/2002/ws/desc/issues/wsd-issues-c