Action 2005-01-13 Resolution of Issue 270

From: Yalcinalp, Umit <umit.yalcinalp@sap.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2005 02:26:10 +0100
To: <LMM@acm.org>
Cc: <www-ws-desc@w3.org>

Larry,

WSDL wg has evaluated Issue 270 that you have raised with respect to
normalization of contentType attribute values as stated in [1] item (3)
wrt the LC version of Assigning Media Types to Binary Data in XML [2].

The document uses the term [normalized value] to refer to normalization
of attribute values in XML as specified in XML Infoset [3] and in XML
[4]. Therefore, our document does not intend to specify normalization
specific to contentType string values or tend to provide normalization
in any other way other than what is required for XML attribute values.
We are basically using Infoset specific terminology as stated in [3] to
obtain the value of contentType strings from the Infoset.

Therefore, the wg has decided to close issue 270 with no action.

Best Regards,

--umit

[1]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-media-types/2004Nov/0006.h