RE: question-WSDL

Jonathan,

FYI, there are test tools that interpret WSDL dynamically. Also, some
scripting technologies read WSDL are runtime to create a client proxy.

Arthur Ryman,
Rational Desktop Tools Development

phone: +1-905-413-3077, TL 969-3077
assistant: +1-905-413-2411, TL 969-2411
fax: +1-905-413-4920, TL 969-4920
mobile: +1-416-939-5063, text: 4169395063@fido.ca
intranet: http://labweb.torolab.ibm.com/DRY6/

"Jonathan Marsh" <jmarsh@microsoft.com>
Sent by: www-ws-desc-request@w3.org
08/05/2005 05:58 PM

"tlais" <mazentlais@yahoo.fr>, <www-ws-desc@w3.org>
cc

Subject
RE: question-WSDL

The WSDL document describes the travel reservation service, from its
point of view (that is, an 'in-out' MEP is 'in' to the service, followed
by 'out' from the service).

A service developer may obtain or create a WSDL and then use it to
generate a stub of the service, but it is also common that the service
is developed first, and then WSDL generated describing that service.
There is no tight run-time linkage between WSDL and the service.  The
WSDL could even be provided by a third party, without the knowledge of
the service.

Probably the most important use of WSDL though will be for generating
code for clients that wish to connect to the service.

Hope this helps.
- Jonathan