Re: Contradictions regarding transitivity of wsdl:import

From: Roberto Chinnici <Roberto.Chinnici@Sun.COM>
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2005 20:55:08 -0700
To: Asir Vedamuthu <asirv@webmethods.com>
Cc: www-ws-desc@w3.org, www-ws-desc-request@w3.org

Asir Vedamuthu wrote:
> I don't understand item 2 in Roberto's list.

Item 2 is:

 >> 2 - not transitive (i.e. it allows for encapsulation)

What I mean by that is that if A imports B and B imports C,
then A does not import C, i.e. if you need to use components
from C in A, you  have to import C explicitely there.

As Gudge pointed out, this is encapsulation: the dependency on C
that B has is hidden from its clients (in this case, A).

Roberto