RE: Contradictions regarding transitivity of wsdl:import

On Fri, 2005-04-15 at 20:31, Martin Gudgin wrote:

> [...]

Not if B has its own component model, as you go on to suggest . . .

> I wonder if what we actually have is a component model for the root
> which includes imported components and a separate component model for
> each imported namespace (recurse as necessary).

Bingo.  I think that approach would be considerably clearer, because
there would be a more direct correspondence between each WSDL 2.0
document and its projection into a component model, rather than a
single, collapsed component model for all, with special rules that
govern which components are supposed to be visible at what points.

--

David Booth
W3C Fellow / Hewlett-Packard