Re: Example of Z Notation in WSDL 2.0 Component Model Spec

Amy,

I discussed this problem at the F2F. The problem is that IE and
Firefox/Mozilla handle fonts differently. IE requires that you select
special built-in math fonts whille Firefox/Mozilla use Unicode characters.
I can handle both cases automatically with a Javascript browser-detection
wrapper that selects the right stylesheet to use (or I could just give you
two URLs) . However, the example I posted uses the IE friendly stylesheet.
The purpose was just to show people the visual appearance, not to resolve
the browser dependency. Have you got IE handy?

Arthur Ryman,
Rational Desktop Tools Development

phone: +1-905-413-3077, TL 969-3077
assistant: +1-905-413-2411, TL 969-2411
fax: +1-905-413-4920, TL 969-4920
mobile: +1-416-939-5063
intranet: http://labweb.torolab.ibm.com/DRY6/

Amelia A Lewis <alewis@tibco.com>
Sent by: www-ws-desc-request@w3.org
09/29/2004 01:17 PM

Roberto Chinnici <Roberto.Chinnici@Sun.COM>
cc
www-ws-desc@w3.org
Subject
Re: Example of Z Notation in WSDL 2.0 Component Model Spec

http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/ws/desc/wsdl20/wsdl20-z.html#Definitions_details

> except that it must be the IE-friendly version, because the

> incantation produces a " (double quote) in Mozilla instead of a \forall
> character.

Hmm.  I've got firefox, and as far as I can tell, that produces the
\forall, assuming that by that we mean the inverted capital A.  Possibly
it's an encoding issue?  (or maybe it does that in older gecko-based
browsers?)

Senior Architect
TIBCO/Extensibility, Inc.