W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > www-ws-desc@w3.org > October 2004

Agenda, 28 October 2004 WS Desc telcon

From: Jonathan Marsh <jmarsh@microsoft.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2004 08:09:19 -0700
Message-ID: <7DA77BF2392448449D094BCEF67569A5056D10D9@RED-MSG-30.redmond.corp.microsoft.com>
To: <www-ws-desc@w3.org>

0.  Dial in information (members only) [.1]:

See the public WG page [.2] for pointers to current documents and other
information, and the private page [.3] for administrative matters.

If you have additions to the agenda, please email them to the WG list
before the start of the telcon.

[.1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-ws-desc/2004Oct/0020.html
[.2] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/
[.3] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/admin

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Agenda

1.  Assign scribe.  Lucky minute taker for this week is one of:
      Amy Lewis, Youenn Fablet, Prasad Yendluri, William Vambenepe, 
      Erik Ackerman, Jean-Jacques Moreau, Glen Daniels, 
      Igor Sedukhin, Jeff Mischkinsky, David Orchard,
      Asir Vedamuthu

--------------------------------------------------------------------
2.  Approval of minutes:
  - Oct 21 [.1] 

[.1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Oct/0066.html

--------------------------------------------------------------------
3.  Review of Action items [.1].  Editorial actions [.2].

?         2004-04-01: Marsh will get schema tf going.
?         2004-09-02: Bijan to create stylesheet to generate a
                      table of components and properties.
?         2004-09-16: Editors to move App C to RDF Mapping spec, 
                      except the frag-id which will move 
                      within media-type reg appendix.
?         2004-09-16: Editors to fix paragraph 6-9 of section 
                      2.1.1 moved into 2.1.2
                      which talks about the syntax.
?         2004-09-16: Hugo to get a URI to use for DTD example 
                      in Appendix E.1 (LC38)
?         2004-09-30: Arthur to add Z notation to Part 1.
?         2004-10-07: Paul to set up test suite directory 
                      structure (Hugo assist)
?         2004-10-07: Primer editors to use the new 
                      terms "Web service" and "consumer|client".
?         2004-10-14: Arthur to prototype a javascript 
                      implementation and decide on the two doc's 
                      vs javascript method later.
?         2004-10-14: Editors to add a statement like: 
                      The Style property may constrain both 
                      input and output, however a particular 
                      style may constrain in only one 
                      direction. In Section 2.4.1.1 of Part 1.
                      (subsumed by LC21 resolution?)
?         2004-10-21: Glen to respond to Tim Ewald re: LC9. 
?         2004-10-21: Hugo to generate a summary of pub options. 
?         2004-10-21: Roberto to list some non-fatal errors 
                      for consideration if that's useful.

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/#actions
[.2] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/4/lc-issues/actions.html

---------------------------------------------------------------------
4.  Administrivia
  a. November 9-11 (Sunnyvale, CA) registration [.1], logistics [.2]
  b. Jan FTF?
  c. Tech plenary?

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/34041/WSD0411/
[.2] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/4/04-11-f2f.htm

------------------------------------------------------------------
5.  New (non-LC) Issues.  Issues list [.1].
  - none.

[.1]
http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/%7Echeckout%7E/2002/ws/desc/issues/wsd-issues.h
tml

------------------------------------------------------------------
6.  Last Call Issues [.1].  Comments list [.2]
  - LC70 Pluggability of Schema Languages in WSDL [.3]

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/4/lc-issues/
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-desc-comments/
[.3] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/4/lc-issues/issues.html#LC70

------------------------------------------------------------------
7.  Media Type Description [.1] Last Call status
  - publication update

[.1]
http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/ws/desc/media-types/xml-media-t
ypes.html?content-type=text/html;%20charset=utf-8

------------------------------------------------------------------
8.  Issue LC5f: QA Review on WSDL 2.0 Part 1, intro and conformance
                issues (f) [.1]
  - Roberto's proposal [.2]
  - Awaiting list of "errors" from Roberto.

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/4/lc-issues/issues.html#LC5f
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Oct/0027.html

------------------------------------------------------------------
9.  Issue LC29b: Review of WSDL 2.0 Pt 3 Last Call WD (b) [.1]
    Issue LC18: Relationship between Features and SOAP Modules ?? [.2]
  - Awaiting Glen's action

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/4/lc-issues/#LC29b
[.2] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/4/lc-issues/#LC18

------------------------------------------------------------------
10. Issue LC29d: Review of WSDL 2.0 Pt 3 Last Call WD (d) [.1]
  - DaveO's proposal [.2]

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/4/lc-issues/#LC29bd
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Sep/0061.html

------------------------------------------------------------------
11. Issue LC19: Fault Component Re-usable Across Interfaces [.1]
  - Awaiting Asir's action to detail binding changes

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/4/lc-issues/#LC19

------------------------------------------------------------------
12. Issue LC20: Feature Composition Edge Cases [.1]
  - Need Glen's input
  - Also see LC27

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/4/lc-issues/#LC20

------------------------------------------------------------------
13. Issue LC22: URI Style and SOAP Response Pattern [.1]

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/4/lc-issues/#LC22

------------------------------------------------------------------
14. Issue LC23: Elaborate: Cannot be Serialized as XML 1.0 [.1]

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/4/lc-issues/#LC23

------------------------------------------------------------------
15. Issue LC24: "ad:mustUnderstand" - ?? [.1]

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/4/lc-issues/#LC24

------------------------------------------------------------------
16. Issue LC25: What is a feature-binding? [.1]

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/4/lc-issues/#LC25

------------------------------------------------------------------
17. Issue LC26: wsdlLocation on the chopping block ? [.1]

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/4/lc-issues/#LC26

------------------------------------------------------------------
18. Issue LC27: Property Composition Edge Cases [.1]

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/4/lc-issues/#LC27

------------------------------------------------------------------
19. Issue LC28: HTTP Transfer Coding and 1.0 [.1]

 [.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/4/lc-issues/#LC28

------------------------------------------------------------------
20. Issue LC47: Issue: describing the HTTP error text for 
    faults [.1]

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/4/lc-issues/#LC47

------------------------------------------------------------------
21. Issue LC48b: XMLP Review of WSDL 2.0 Part 2 LC WD (b) [.1]

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/4/lc-issues/#LC48b

------------------------------------------------------------------
22. Issue LC48d: XMLP Review of WSDL 2.0 Part 2 LC WD (d) [.1]

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/4/lc-issues/#LC48d

------------------------------------------------------------------
23. Issue LC49: Clarify whether Parts 2 & 3 MUST be supported [.1]

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/4/lc-issues/#LC49

------------------------------------------------------------------
24. Other LC issues as time allows [.1]

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/4/lc-issues/

------------------------------------------------------------------
Hold for future meetings
------------------------------------------------------------------
30. @compatibleWith proposal (DaveO)
  - Discussed at FTF [.1], with no resolution
  - DaveO to post slides or proposal summary?

[.1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Aug/0056.html

------------------------------------------------------------------
31. SOAP 1.1 Binding
  - First draft [.1]
  - Modified Part 3 with soap:version [.2]
  - Modified Schema for SOAP in WSDL 2.0 [.3]
  
[.1]
http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/ws/desc/wsdl20/wsdl20-soap11-bi
nding.html?content-type=text/html;%20charset=utf-8
[.2]
http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/ws/desc/wsdl20/mod-wsdl20-bindi
ngs.html?content-type=text/html;%20charset=utf-8
[.3]
http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/ws/desc/wsdl20/mod-wsdl20-soap.
xsd

------------------------------------------------------------------
32. Task Force Status.
 a. QA & Testing
  - Suggested QA plan [.1]
  - More details from Arthur [.2]
  - Interop bake-off
 b. Schema versioning
  - Waiting to hear back from Schema on my draft "charter."
  - Henry's validate-twice write-up [.3]

[.1]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Apr/att-0029/QA_Oper
ational_Checklist.htm
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Apr/0037.html
[.3] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Apr/0019.html
Received on Tuesday, 26 October 2004 15:09:42 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Monday, 7 December 2009 10:58:33 GMT