Re: is operation/@pattern optional?

From: Amelia A Lewis <alewis@tibco.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2004 12:43:54 -0400
To: Sanjiva Weerawarana <sanjiva@watson.ibm.com>
Cc: www-ws-desc@w3.org

On Fri, 15 Oct 2004 17:27:34 +0600
Sanjiva Weerawarana <sanjiva@watson.ibm.com> wrote:
> For some reason I recall that we made operation/@pattern optional
> (using the heuristics I had proposed for how to compute it for
> certain patterns). However the spec says its required!
>
> Am I hallucinating?

Yup.

There was strong opposition to using those heuristics.  I just wrote a
couple of paragraphs reiterating those arguments, but I guess I'll spare
you that, on mature reflection.  :-)

We made the labels of messages optional.  The pattern URI is required,
in all cases.  Order of input and output elements in the operation
element is not significant.

Amy!
--
Amelia A. Lewis