Re: is operation/@pattern optional?

From: Amelia A Lewis <alewis@tibco.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2004 12:43:54 -0400
To: Sanjiva Weerawarana <sanjiva@watson.ibm.com>
Cc: www-ws-desc@w3.org

On Fri, 15 Oct 2004 17:27:34 +0600
Sanjiva Weerawarana <sanjiva@watson.ibm.com> wrote:
> For some reason I recall that we made operation/@pattern optional
> (using the heuristics I had proposed for how to compute it for
> certain patterns). However the spec says its required!
> Am I hallucinating?

There was strong opposition to using those heuristics.  I just wrote a
couple of paragraphs reiterating those arguments, but I guess I'll spare
you that, on mature reflection.  :-)

We made the labels of messages optional.  The pattern URI is required,
in all cases.  Order of input and output elements in the operation
element is not significant.

Amelia A. Lewis
Senior Architect
TIBCO/Extensibility, Inc.