Re: Minutes of MEP Task Force 2004-11-23

From: Amelia A Lewis <alewis@tibco.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2004 22:42:27 -0500
To: "Yalcinalp, Umit" <umit.yalcinalp@sap.com>
Cc: www-ws-desc@w3.org

On Thu, 25 Nov 2004 04:26:37 +0100
"Yalcinalp, Umit" <umit.yalcinalp@sap.com> wrote:
> Are you suggesting that we allow utilization of WSA with the
> additional third-party in-out MEP ONLY (if we were to provide it in
> the note) or assume that its also possible to use it with the in-out
> MEP?

I would suggest that best practice is:

If WS-A or WSMD is used with the current in-out MEP, the service is
expressing an expectation that the out message is being routed to the
node-originator of the in message.

If WS-A or WSMD is used with the third-party MEP (not currently in the
spec), the service is expressing an expectation that the out message MAY
be routed to a node which is not the node-originator of the in message.

> I am just trying to find out everyone's expectations here, since I
> missed the last concall.

Did that clarify any?

Amy!
--